• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1902 $2.5 GTG

14 posts in this topic

That picture is a very flattering photo of that coin... Next time you cover the grade, cover the bar code too. So, yes I cheated, yes I know how it was graded, and YES I think it is accurately graded;)

I just discovered this bar code reader not to long ago... pretty nice.

I think the photo was taken to be flattering to the coin. There are several subtle areas that make me think there is more chatter than might initially meet the eye (and this is the reason my guess is the lowest in this thread so far).

Grade posted. I feel the image shows the coin as in hand well. I fell it is very nice for the grade and a possible 63-64. Thanks to all for the opinions.

The grading on the $2.50 Liberty coins can be very conservative. They tend to come in Mint State so sometimes the Mint State grades assigned can be on the low side.

The crack-out/re-grade upside is not that good. Using Gray Sheet numbers the jump from MS-62 to 63 is only from $345 to $445. It's not worth the expense for only a potential of a $100 gain. I can't see this coin making MS-64.

This quater eagle is in an MS-63 holder. I think that it is a solid MS-64 or even a +, but there is no financial upside to going for the regrade.

1905250O.jpg1905250R.jpg