• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1940 British Penny - Could this be a proof coin?

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I was on eBay when I saw a 1941 British Mint set for sale. I bought it and it recently arrived, once I opened it I noticed that the Penny was 1940 not 1941. All of the coins were Obverse side up and I am guessing the person didn't see the date. There is an obvious difference between this penny and that of the half-penny that came with it...

Anyone who has any idea or comment, by all means please do so. Let me know what you guys think...

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

Hello everyone,

I was on eBay when I saw a 1941 British Mint set for sale. I bought it and it recently arrived, once I opened it I noticed that the Penny was 1940 not 1941. All of the coins were Obverse side up and I am guessing the person didn't see the date. There is an obvious difference between this penny and that of the half-penny that came with it...

Anyone who has any idea or comment, by all means please do so. Let me know what you guys think...

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

This piece just looks harshly cleaned.