• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roosevelt regrades

4 posts in this topic

A different thread has gotten me to think about my 4 plus graded roosies.... I have 1949D, 1950S, 1951S and 1954D all in MS67+. Looking at them they look nice, i am not able to pick out what makes them 67+ vs my 67's. My question is; is it worth submitting these looking for one to come back 68? 3 are PCGS and 1 NGC. I lose if they come back 67 or 67+, one is value and the other is submission fees if i lose grade or maintain respectively, but the value difference is quite a bit going up to a 68. If i submit these coins for regrade, how typical is the loss of grade, i.e. 67+ becoming a 67? or is it presumed you are looking only for higher grades? Also just for clarity, these could never receive FT/FB credit.

I am willing to eat the submission cost for them returning MS67+ if the coins are exposed to the possibility of MS68. I cant wait till third party graders scan coins and we can see how many times a coin was submitted and graded. Perhaps these were previously 67's and regrade, turned them into 67+

thanks all for making me a better coin collector. I joke about knowing everything, but between us, I dont

For the 3 ATS coins, I believe the reconsideration service will prevent the risk of a drop in grade but if one upgrades there is a higher fee....or something like that. Go read up on that maybe.