• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Gold CAC Half Dime made it into the Pogue II Rarities Auction.

6 posts in this topic

Stacks/Sotheby's Auction

It all happened by accident. I was at the ANA show looking for Brian from Stack's-Bowers to simply say "hi". I couldn't find him and the Director of Consignment, what a nice guy by the way, asked if he could help. I was standing right in front of some really nicely toned Pogue coins and jokingly said I have a coin that should be in that auction. I had the coin with me because I was considering a show reconsideration at PCGS. (Decided against that by the way realizing the Gold CAC is far rarer) Anyway, the Stack's-Bowers rep says he would love to have it in the Pogue Rarities Auction. I thought he was kidding. He wasn't and I made an impulse decision to turn it over to him.

First time for me in an auction like this by the way. The images turned out OK for a catalog. The catalog does not capture the luster like mine do. :)

My images:

1837%20Half%20Dime%20PCGS%20MS-66%20Gold%20CAC%20Front%20Final%20White-crop-tile_zps0oret9zx.jpg

1837%20Half%20Dime%20PCGS%20MS-66%20Gold%20CAC%20Front_zpsszo4dwso.jpg

Stack's/Sotheby's Catalog Pages:

1837%20Half%20Dime%20Pogue%20Auction%20Catalog%20Pages-page-002_zpsvxekgaiu.jpg

1837%20Half%20Dime%20Pogue%20Auction%20Catalog%20Pages-page-001_zpsct9stvtb.jpg

It is a gorgeous coin, and is already almost double the high end estimate. I only wish that I had sufficient funds to be able to seriously pursue the piece. I believe that this coin will ultimately find itself in a MS67 holder in the future.

On another (less important) note, it appears that your coin is part of the "Rarities Sale" and not Pogue, Part II.