• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submitting Error Coins

2 posts in this topic

I apologize if this topic has been asked and answered, I couldn't find a post covering my question.

When submitting a coin with a not so obvious error, is it necessary to write the suspected error on the submission sheet to bring the error to the attention of the grader, or do the graders look for any errors on the coin if the error box is checked on the submission form? I have a quarter with what looks like to me a struck through wire. It is small and not easily noticed if you don't know it's there. So, should I make a notation on the submission form of the suspected error?

Thank you

• Administrator

Thanks for your question. While it is not required that you make a note of the specific error, it is helpful if you do. Please be aware that NGC may choose to not attribute an error considered too minor.