• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am outstanding

19 posts in this topic

In my 11 months of coin collecting and am now a master of all things coins, with the few exceptions of selling for profit and understanding most all aspects involved in the hobby. To that end, i have charged myself with the need to obtain knowledge and reference material on errors and varieties.

Does anyone have a second hand copy of a "cherry picker" book? I do not yet know if that is the name but I think it is. Thanks and before long all i will not understand is selling for profit and most (minus 1) aspects of the hobby and it will be due to all of you that were tricked to read this because of my clever title.

PM me or respond here to discuss payment/shipping

It took you that long? I was able to polish off numismatic mastery within a week of my initiation. The QDB book on grading by photographs and the RedBook and anyone can achieve numismatic supremacy, though there are others competing for king of the mountain. Maybe Amazon has used versions of the Bill Fivaz book.... 5b6fd5b79366096972929c803f56a27d.jpg

In my 11 months of coin collecting and am now a master of all things coins, with the few exceptions of selling for profit and understanding most all aspects involved in the hobby. To that end, i have charged myself with the need to obtain knowledge and reference material on errors and varieties.

Does anyone have a second hand copy of a "cherry picker" book? I do not yet know if that is the name but I think it is. Thanks and before long all i will not understand is selling for profit and most (minus 1) aspects of the hobby and it will be due to all of you that were tricked to read this because of my clever title.

Well, one thing you haven't learned is where the Marketplace is located.

Chris

The newer Cherrypickers Guide is a 2 volume set.

I think it has been two volumes since the second edition and they are up to the fifth edition now. There are copies on abebooks of the fourth edition for $18 and $20 for vol I and vol II respectively (that includes shipping) Haven't checked Amazon but I'm sure there are copies there as well.

thanks all for the comments... the marketplace is probably a better place for this. I have my coins laid out at my home which is what i was using as my coin show experience. i will check ebay or amazon as you all pointed out

Setting up a table at a coin show makes one an "instant expert."

I have my coins laid out at my home which is what i was using as my coin show experience.

It looks like you're wrong RWB. Apparently you don't even need to go to a show or view large auction house/dealer inventories these days... I wish I could master coins in 11 months. It has been more than 11 years for me collecting seriously, and sadly I'm still not an expert yet. I guess that doesn't say much for me... :sorry:

doh!

doh!

I've been an active collector for over 55 years, and was dealer for over 10 years. I know that I could never make a statement like this with a straight face. hm

I see the two volumes and i need both based on whats in them. can someone just cut out the pages i need from each and bind them for me. that will be the simpliest way for me.

Jurassic Park

Dennis: Don't get cheap on me, Dodson!

Chris

I see the two volumes and i need both based on whats in them. can someone just cut out the pages i need from each and bind them for me. that will be the simpliest way for me.

Oh sure, I'd be happy to cut up my CPGs for you. I'll even toss in the corresponding coins as a bonus.

Please give me your bank routing codes so I can further your numismatic ambitions with $1M that I have tied up in Nigeria and need your help to liberate.