• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

consecutive serial #'s

16 posts in this topic

Hi mdooley,

It's something any one could do just by sending any NGC slabs back for reholdering, I have seen complete proof sets with consecutive serial numbers, 001 through how ever many coins, (005, 006, 010) are in the set. Does this make the set worth any more? Not in my check book, but you never know what may flip some one else's switch. 893whatthe.gif

I see yall have some very nice coins.

Thanks Michael. You will see some very nice coins posted by the members here.

Do yall buy, sell, trade or just share photos

Yes! grin.gif Most of us buy, and some members sell, trade, and share photos. yay.gif

John

It's something any one could do just by sending any NGC slabs back for reholdering,

In the last several months I have sent quite a few coins in for Reholder. All returned with their original certification number.

I have apair off 2001 buffalos MS-69 and PR-69. I found it odd they have consecutive # 's

Welcome to the boards, MD ! As everyone already said, it all comes down to the submission. The coins you are probably referring to are the 2001 American Buffalo Commemorative Set. Each set contained one proof and one uncirculated silver dollar for which the U.S. Mint charged $59.95. As often happens when a set is issued, the coins are routinely submitted for grading at the same time.

I have two such sets that I have yet to submit for grading, but when I do they will most likely have consecutive registration numbers. They are pretty coins, aren't they!

However, if you had two $10 Bison Notes, Series 1901 in crisp uncirculated condition with consecutive serial numbers, you could buy lots of those "baby buffaloes". yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Chris

However, if you had two $10 Bison Notes, Series 1901 in crisp uncirculated condition with consecutive serial numbers, you could buy lots of those "baby buffaloes". yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Chris

sign-funnypost.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Eventually, when I am satisfied with my Dansco Album Type collection (1800-present) then I will send them all in to be graded in sequential order as they appear in the album. Will this make the collection more interesting? Certainly. Will it make it more valuable? I doubt it.

As I have mentioned in the past, I don't care the least about the holder as long as the coin is all there and the price is right for the coin. I have broken coins out of NGC, PCGS, ICG and ANACS for my type collection. A few of my type coins are very, very, very sweet coins that are near unique in top grades. My point is that eventually, many years down the line when I sell, the sequential slab numbers will identify the coin with my specific collection (providing that it is not broken out and the label thrown away).

Anyway, just my input on this thread's topic...