• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

recent *star* designation and ms68 grade on oregon trail from ngc!

11 posts in this topic

this coin just got back from ngc graded ngc ms68* star

a 1937-d oregon trail with original issue cardboard holder rim toning

but with incredible multiple coloring over the entire coins surface both sides and booming lustre through this thick skinned toning

and a REALLY nice technical ms 68 to boot!

there are a few ms 68 oregon trails certified as such and most of the coins are so so/ok in terms of color/overall look but this coin is exceptional/super eye appealling in terms of color!!

again this coin needs to be "sight seen"

to be fully apprecaited as the scan doesnot tell/show the whole "picture" so to speak but this is all we have

but in the scan if you look closely you can somewhat see how the surfaces of the coin are thick with many different intermingling colors deep colors and thick original silky and satiny surfaces

sincerely michael

117087-oregon37-d.jpg.608eaca68a0d09268b38cdc75d305d50.jpg

Thick, drippy, absolutely satiny smooth surfaces, Michael! Spectacular toning and what an amazing strike! Another of my coins that you are keeping for me for the time being! wink.gif

Hoot

thanks chris and hoot!

hoot!!!!!!!!!!!!! when the eastern collection owner gets ready for the adoption process on this oregon i will call you first!

and of course you know the main qualification for the adoption process with this oregon?...............lol lots of GELT!.......lol

sincerely michael

hoot you have a good eye with scans this coin is 100% totally full strike on the obverse

also the obverse on this coin is totally 100% mark free!

sincerely michael

Another star designated coin Michael? Hmmmmm. Can't be that the coins are amazing. You must be bribing the graders. I'm not greedy, I don't need ms/68 * grades. Fill me in on your secret, and I'll go for the ms/65* grades. I'll leave those super duper grades to you. smile.gifwink.gif

Another amazing coin with tremendous eye appeal.

thanks bigd!!

i am a legend in my own mind.......lol

hope to meet you one day at a show i would buy one of your exceptionally toned coins!

sincerely michael

Michael, I confess to being very confused. I thought the NGC * designation was used to denote eye-appealing coins? Where's the beef, er, I mean eye-appeal? grin.gif

Just kidding - as you know, I love that coin and a few of the others you've displayed, as well.

thanks mark!!

hi there nwcs in answer to your question i hope the below helps!

well for this collector of the eastern collection

he told me it took 35 years to get where he is today in coins

just being a collector and also looking at lots of coins talking to many collectors and dealers over the years and just refining and studying then lots of looking!!

looking and looking and then when something really special and great comes along he has to know it and grab it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is no thinking or waiting you have to know and understand what you are looking at and pass or play!

a coin that is like above and beyond many others

a one in a million coin

i think for me it is a matter of being out there and just keeping yourself open when opportunities present themselves

sincerely michael

now of the four star coins

TWO** came from www.legendcoin.com............ years ago

ONE** from www.pinnacle-rarities.com

the other ONE** from mark feld of pinnacle-rarities.com

sincerely michael