• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slab Storage Boxes Question ????

24 posts in this topic

In my collection, I have coins in ANACS, NGC, and PCGS slabs. I have NGC and PCGS boxes. The PCGS boxes are just small enough that they won't close if an NGC slab is in them, coincidence maybe? wink.gif The NGC boxes seem ideal as they snugly hold both NGC/PCGS slabs. But the ANACS slabs rattle and bang into the adjacent slabs. It would be a foolish waste of my money to change plastic in order to reconcile the difference in sizes.

Thus, my question: Is there a (non-cardboard) storage holder that will securely hold all three slabs?

Thanks in advance.

laugh.gif

I just let them rattle......I think most of us have the same problem with multiple slabs. I just make sure I have PCGS coins on either side of my ANACS coins to keep them upright 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yes there is, but you might not like the format. Start here , but be warned that the extra bulk that the holders add might be annoying. I own only one box, and seldom use it.

James

Thanks James. I've forgotten about those Eagle Holders. But you're right in that it would be too bulky for my use.

laugh.gif

I just let them rattle......I think most of us have the same problem with multiple slabs. I just make sure I have PCGS coins on either side of my ANACS coins to keep them upright 893applaud-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

Why couldn't you use strips of balsa wood about the same width as the slot to serve as a wedge for the ANACS holder? Balsa is soft enough that it should compress a little and not risk damage to the slab. It's available in most hobby shops.

Chris

Why couldn't you use strips of balsa wood about the same width as the slot to serve as a wedge for the ANACS holder? Balsa is soft enough that it should compress a little and not risk damage to the slab. It's available in most hobby shops.

Chris

Thanks Chris.

I was thinking along those lines. James link to Eagle holders revealed "foam adapters" for ANACS slabs. My concerns would be the chemical composition of the foam and whether or not the slab with adapter would fit into an NGC box. However, I was unaware of balsa wood. I will look into that.

Thanks again,

-Mark laugh.gif

I know it doesn't meet your criteria of not being cardboard, but I use the Intercept Shield storage boxes for some of my coins. They make a 20 coin box just for ANACS slabs that works just like the NGC and PCGS storage boxes but it also gives the coins some protection at a higher cost.

I only have one of the ANACS boxes. I need to either buy another box, sell some ANACS coins or cross some over to NGC because I have several rattling around in between NGC/PCGS coins in NGC boxes.

Chris

Thanks Chris.

I was thinking along those lines. James link to Eagle holders revealed "foam adapters" for ANACS slabs. My concerns would be the chemical composition of the foam and whether or not the slab with adapter would fit into an NGC box. However, I was unaware of balsa wood. I will look into that.

Thanks again,

-Mark laugh.gif

Mark, the Eagle adapters are made specifically for their other products, not for NGC boxes.

Chris

I bought a lot of the new silver NGC boxes and put all my holdered coins in them. Everything fits just fine except for the ANACS. My ANACS slabs go into cheap little zip lock poly bags and get stuffed in just fine. Works best with the bag opening end inserted first into the NGC slots.

Personally I use an NGC storage box for NGC coins,PCGS box for PCGS coin,An ANACS box for ANACS and an ICG box for ICG.It does waste space but at least it doesn't keep me up at night. mad.gifcool.gifsmile.giffrown.gifblush.gifcrazy.giflaugh.gifsmirk.gifconfused.gifgrin.gifwink.giftongue.gifsign-rantpost.gif893blahblah.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gifsign-offtopic.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gifshy.gifmakepoint.gifsumo.gifstooges.gifacclaim.gifcloud9.gifsign-funnypost.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.giftonofbricks.gifsorry.gifgossip.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifthumbsup2.gifdevil.gifangel.gifflowerred.gifnews.gifsleeping.gifboo.gifflamed.gifforeheadslap.gifhi.gifpopcorn.gifjuggle.gifheadbang.giffrustrated.gifscrewy.gifbumpit.gifyay.giftakeit.gifpoke2.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifyeahok.gifmad.gifcool.gifsmile.giffrown.gifblush.gifcrazy.giflaugh.gifsmirk.gifconfused.gifgrin.gifwink.giftongue.gifsign-rantpost.gif893blahblah.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gifsign-offtopic.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gifshy.gifmakepoint.gifsumo.gifstooges.gifacclaim.gifcloud9.gifsign-funnypost.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.giftonofbricks.gifsorry.gifgossip.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifthumbsup2.gifdevil.gifangel.gifflowerred.gifnews.gifsleeping.gifboo.gifflamed.gifforeheadslap.gifhi.gifpopcorn.gifjuggle.gifheadbang.giffrustrated.gifscrewy.gifbumpit.gifyay.giftakeit.gifpoke2.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifyeahok.gifmad.gifcool.gifsmile.giffrown.gifblush.gifcrazy.giflaugh.gifsmirk.gifconfused.gifgrin.gifwink.giftongue.gifsign-rantpost.gif893blahblah.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gifsign-offtopic.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gifshy.gifmakepoint.gifsumo.gifstooges.gifacclaim.gifcloud9.gifsign-funnypost.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.giftonofbricks.gifsorry.gifgossip.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifthumbsup2.gifdevil.gifangel.gifflowerred.gifnews.gifsleeping.gifboo.gifflamed.gifforeheadslap.gifhi.gifpopcorn.gifjuggle.gifheadbang.giffrustrated.gifscrewy.gifbumpit.gifyay.giftakeit.gifpoke2.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifyeahok.gif just wondered what it would look like.

I bought a lot of the new silver NGC boxes and put all my holdered coins in them. Everything fits just fine except for the ANACS. My ANACS slabs go into cheap little zip lock poly bags and get stuffed in just fine. Works best with the bag opening end inserted first into the NGC slots.

Tom, welcome to the boards! This is just FYI for you and anyone else interested: I contacted the makers of "ZipLoc" bags quite some time ago to query them on the chemical composition. I was informed that there is No PVC in their bags.

Chris

You're not going to want to hear it, but PCI boxes work for ALL the various slabs. Everything from SEGS to PCGS to ICG to NGC slabs fit perfectly.

ANACS fit because the PCI boxes are recessed and grooved also at the bottom.

Personally I'm beginning to like the Eagle slab album as NGC and PCGS coins fit snuggly and the display is attractive.

Never knew PCI even had storage boxes.Although having them for NGC,PCGS,ANACS and ICG is good for me.If I didn't it would start to annoy me then I would have to get some shipped overnight! smirk.gif

The new (silver) NGC boxes have a very, very tight fit for the oldest NGC slabs. They are really a tight press fit, although usable! I only have a few of these slabs and I guess reslab to the latest generation is the easiest fix.

Tom, welcome to the boards! This is just FYI for you and anyone else interested: I contacted the makers of "ZipLoc" bags quite some time ago to query them on the chemical composition. I was informed that there is No PVC in their bags.

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the comment.

I bought my generic bag supply at the local plastics distributor and made sure they were without PVC. Bought three different sizes: 2X2, another size fits all slabs, and a larger size for the Foreign sealed proof gold sets. Super cheap when bought in large quantities. takeit.gif

Never seen an ICG box. Really, is there one? My ICG coins are in PCGS or NGC boxes and they work fine though. Let me know where one can buy an ICG box. I would like to have the slab match the box.

The problem is you can't exactly buy them.I got the box from ICG because I had an order of coins encapsulated with the Intercept Shield.The nice thing though is it's lined with intercept shield.