• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Libertad Fractionals

22 posts in this topic

Are these worth grading? I have plenty from 2014 and a lot from 2015. I don't see many slabbed ones for sale, is this due to lack of demand or lack of value? I know that the 2014 Fractionals have very small mintage around 6k each or so and from what I have read the 2015 may be similar.

Your opinion is appreciated.

I suspect it is a lack of demand. I suspect (but do not actually know) that the fractionals are not as widely collected as the 1oz because silver isn't that expensive while most collectors prefer the bigger coin.

Per my prior post on your other topic, I don't believe 6k is a low mintage for a modern world NCLT at all. Mexico is more widely collected than most but you can compare the mintages to others such as from Canada, the UK, Australia and even South Africa. I suspect there are actually a lot more of these coins than collectors who want them. There are many low mintage (compared to the US, that is) modern NCLT which sell for nominal or low premiums to the metal content.

Third, in case you do not know this, the demand for TPG coins for a series like this one almost certainly is almost exclusively from US buyers, not elsewhere. TPG in general is NOT very popular outside the United States except very selectively. South Africa which I collect is one. Canada appears to be another though I still suspect most buyers of NGC or PCGS coins are Americans. There is also selective demand for certain series or segments such as in China and Australia. You can verify this claim by looking at the population reports yourself for any number of countries or series. Most of the counts are low, not because the coins are scarce or rare, but because non-US collectors disproportionately prefer ungraded coins.

I suspect it is a lack of demand. I suspect (but do not actually know) that the fractionals are not as widely collected as the 1oz because silver isn't that expensive while most collectors prefer the bigger coin.

Per my prior post on your other topic, I don't believe 6k is a low mintage for a modern world NCLT at all. Mexico is more widely collected than most but you can compare the mintages to others such as from Canada, the UK, Australia and even South Africa. I suspect there are actually a lot more of these coins than collectors who want them. There are many low mintage (compared to the US, that is) modern NCLT which sell for nominal or low premiums to the metal content.

Third, in case you do not know this, the demand for TPG coins for a series like this one almost certainly is almost exclusively from US buyers, not elsewhere. TPG in general is NOT very popular outside the United States except very selectively. South Africa which I collect is one. Canada appears to be another though I still suspect most buyers of NGC or PCGS coins are Americans. There is also selective demand for certain series or segments such as in China and Australia. You can verify this claim by looking at the population reports yourself for any number of countries or series. Most of the counts are low, not because the coins are scarce or rare, but because non-US collectors disproportionately prefer ungraded coins.

I agree and it's a shame there is such small following of the libertad as I think it's one of the most beautiful coins made today. One thing I noticed about their mintage is when the price of silver is high they mint more, in the millions, when spot is low they mint less. Maybe this will be a low year when they announce their totals later this year. Most of the special minted canadian and Perth mint stuff is well over 10k, the croc and spider both have mintages of 1 million, so why is considered low. From a strictly bullion 1oz silver, the libertad has them all beat. JMHO

Although the libertad is my favorite, I do have a pretty big collection of the Perth lunar stuff as well as the canadian. Most of the canadian stuff i have have mintages of 10k, One question I have for you is, if you don't think 6k is low then what do you consider low mintage? I own a few of the niue endangered species coins, 3 to be exact with mintage of 2k each and they are graded 70, in my opinion they are beautiful but not worth much as they sell for about 100 bucks graded. To me mintage doesn't mean much when there is no collector base as you can have a high mintage like the 2001 silver buffalo with 400k minted where a grade 70 will set you back but 350 to 400 dollars because of the huge following and I think the Hall of Fame dollar will be the same.

one of the coolest coins I have is the 1996 parolympic dollar in ms69 where the mintage was only 14k, try amd find one in ms70, I picked on up just to have the lowest US minted modern commem. I also own a few Texas 1936 commems with a mear 6k mintage, these in higher grade will set you back an easy 400 or more. To me this is low.

So I think not so much on mintage as much as the following behind the coin. Back to the Perth mint, I love the colored dragons, each has a mintage of about 12k, I can get enough of those.

I do agree that with the libertad fractionals may not be high demand coins but they look great in sets. I have seen many coins where mintages seem very low but without the collector base they worth squat.

Sorry for my spelling as I am not used to this touch screen yet. By the way what do you collect?

You have a lot in your reply but let me take your points one by one.

I collect a small number of world coin series including pillar minors, South Africa Union and Bolivian Republic decimals. I also have small holdings of a few others but no US.

Having collected (off and on) for 40 years, I am familiar with a wide range of coins (both US and world) but obviously not all of them. I don't know what the demand is for all modern NCLT. What I can tell you though is that the US is an aberration. There are either few or even no other countries with proportional levels of collecting. And if there are (such as maybe Australia), collectors still don't pay anywhere near the same prices as in the US for comparably scarce coins.

As to why I believe 6k isn't a low mintage, it's what I included in my prior reply in your first topic on these coins. Here, you provided a few examples of where the mintages are greater, but I'm not sure most of those issues are bought primarily by collectors. The Perth Mint, RCM, British Royal Mint and a few others seem to market extensively to the non-collector buyer. As one example, I don't believe very many experienced collectors really like colorized coins. Sure, they are a novelty and artistic to those who buy them. To me and I think many other longer time collectors, more of a gimmick and not serious numismatic coins.

Also, if you compare the mintages of the libertad to other modern NCLT, those I have checked are frequently lower, like the Britannia from the UK which I recall averaging about 2500 or those from Switzerland. Previously, I also mentioned the Canada 1911-2011 proof set (five coins) which has a mintage of 6000. I believe these coins have larger collector bases than the libertad, especially locals since I presume its mainly Americans who buy it.

I don't really know how large or dedicated the collector base is elsewhere for NCLT. One thing I can tell you though is that because it is much smaller (even adjusted for population) than in the US, there are almost no series elsewhere with anywhere near 6000 collectors, especially who will pay more than relatively nominal amounts for it. In Mexico, maybe some of the 20th century equivalents to the common US classics do but not otherwise, either because the collector base in the aggregate is too low or because the coins do not exist in the quality that collectors want to buy.

This is why, even aside from the general dislike for TPG elsewhere, I don't see a non-US collector hardly ever paying $300 for a PR-70 libertad per your prior post. Most world coins (including up mid MS grades) cost less or a lot less than $300. In my series, I can buy single proofs from South Africa with mintages as low as 150 for less than $300, though they are not PR-70 or crown sized.

To summarize, the US has a unusually large collector base who is able and willing to spend a lot more than collectors from elsewhere and disproportionately predominantly buys US coins. Everywhere else the collector base is much smaller and there isn't "critical mass" for more than a very low number of series. I estimate there are in the vicinity of 10,000 series which if a reasonable approximation, means that most of them are lost in obscurity or competing with too many others The libertad mintages are low relative to the US ASE or modern commemoratives, but not really for the probable collector base who want it over all others.

Are these worth grading? I have plenty from 2014 and a lot from 2015. I don't see many slabbed ones for sale, is this due to lack of demand or lack of value? I know that the 2014 Fractionals have very small mintage around 6k each or so and from what I have read the 2015 may be similar.

Your opinion is appreciated.

It has been my experience to let others take on the expenses of slabbing the fractional coins, and buy them after they are slabbed if you want them. For the most part they sell just fine raw, and a raw coin will sell for about what a 69 will get. In your post you did not say if you are talking about a BU, proof, or both coins, because they do behave differently in the market place. Further when I write I am mostly speaking about the Proof coins because that is what I collect. Like you, I too think the Libertad proof coin is one of the most attractive designs in modern proof coinage today.

The libertad community is small in comparison to US community, but they are every bit a passionate for the coins. I also believe the numbers of collectors in the community will continue to grow as we move into the future. More and more immigrants are coining from mexico into the US, and as they establish themselves in the US and their children start to move into the middle class I believe they will start to look for things to collect that remind them of their heritage.

"According to U.S. Census Bureau population estimates as of July 1, 2013, there are roughly 54 million Hispanics living in the United States, representing approximately 17% of the U.S. total population, making people of Hispanic origin the nation's largest ethnic or race minority.

The U.S. Hispanic population for 2060 is estimated to reach 128.8 million, constituting approximately 31% of the U.S. population by that date.

Among Hispanic subgroups, in 2012, Mexicans ranked as the largest at 64%. Following Mexicans were Puerto Ricans (9.4%), Salvadorans (3.8%), Cubans (3.7%), Dominicans (3.1%), Guatemalans (2.3%),and the remaining 13.7% were people of other Hispanic or Latino origins." http://www.cdc.gov/minorityhealth/populations/REMP/hispanic.html

So make no mistake they are here now and are going to continue to come. So all South American coins should see increases to their collector pools. Last not sure if you have seen it but if you click the below blue & brown banner at the bottom of the screen it will take you to my proof collection. I have a write up on the libertad coin that you may find interesting.

The libertad community is small in comparison to US community, but they are every bit a passionate for the coins. I also believe the numbers of collectors in the community will continue to grow as we move into the future. More and more immigrants are coining from mexico into the US, and as they establish themselves in the US and their children start to move into the middle class I believe they will start to look for things to collect that remind them of their heritage.

So make no mistake they are here now and are going to continue to come. So all South American coins should see increases to their collector pools. Last not sure if you have seen it but if you click the below blue & brown banner at the bottom of the screen it will take you to my proof collection. I have a write up on the libertad coin that you may find interesting.

I agree with this opinion, as it is one I have made numerous times in the past. However, it also needs to be considered in the context of collecting generally.

In reviewing the mintage data for proof libertads, most of them have mintages less than 5000, the earlier dates less than 1000 and a few near 10,000. The proof ASE mintages are closer to 500,000 with the "rare" and "key date" 1995-W recorded at 30,125.

Do you see what I am getting at? Unlike the proof ASE, if the population of Mexican-American collectors increases substantially (as I agree it should) and they have a preference for this series (as I also agree they might or will), there aren't going to be anywhere near enough coins for the potential collector base. This is a generic problem for a large percentage of world coin series from everywhere but also applies to NCLT such as this one.

The distinction with the proof ASE is that most collectors can complete the entire series if they have the money. Obviously, not all of them can do so at the same time and not all have the money or want to but there are enough coins available at any point in time where it is a realistic option. My guess (since I don't actually know) is that those even with limited budgets who put their mind to it are able to complete the series except for the 1995-W because this "key date" is an outlier and very expensive for what I presume is the less experienced collector base since more experienced collectors who usually have the money prefer to buy other coins.

With the libertad, because of the relatively low mintages, there are numerous "key dates" with the lowest mintage per my recollection being 600. I can see one or a few of these being viewed as the 1995-W but there is no reason to believe that tens of thousands of collectors (much less as many as the ASE today) are ever going to want to pursue this series because the coins do not exist to be bought, regardless of how much they are willing to pay.

This creates the ironic and apparently contradictory situation where far scarcer coins end up and are likely to stay cheaper than their more common counterparts, even with a relative mintage and survival rate of 600 versus 30,000+. This is also true for every single one of my series, all of which are scarcer or much scarcer than comparable time period or numismatically equivalent US classics.

I completely agree with your point, and I believe it to be valid. Where I was heading with my concepts is not that I would ever expect the libertad community reach the size of a ASE community, because yes the mintage numbers would not support it. Rather what I was trying to demonstrate was the potential for incremental growth respective of the current size of the community. For example a 10% - 20% growth in the community will have an impact on available coins and possibly price. This type of growth may only represent 5,000 - 10,000 new collectors to the Libertad community, conversely the same increase in the ASE community could represent a million to two million new collectors. But both would have the same relative impact to incremental increase of the community expressed in percent, thus should have an impact on availability and price of the lower mintage number issues.

But yes I see this in the WLH PF v. MS....While the numbers of the PF are minuscule to the MS the pricing does not correlate with respect to mintage numbers when comparing the PF pricing against the MS. High end PF 68 command big prices, but the 65-67 are priced "cheap"when compared to MS counterparts in the same grades relative to mintage numbers correlations.

Rather what I was trying to demonstrate was the potential for incremental growth respective of the current size of the community. For example a 10% - 20% growth in the community will have an impact on available coins and possibly price. This type of growth may only represent 5,000 - 10,000 new collectors to the Libertad community, conversely the same increase in the ASE community could represent a million to two million new collectors. But both would have the same relative impact to incremental increase of the community expressed in percent, thus should have an impact on availability and price of the lower mintage number issues.

Agreed. I still don't see that the price increases will be particularly significant though because it would make them even less competitive versus the alternatives than they are today.

For the prospective collector of Mexican coins, the $300 current price for a PR-70 can also or almost buy an MS pillar half real, at least the most "common" date such as the 1751 which has a population count of 26 in 60+ at my last review. Most of the few dates which are available sell for less than $300 in AU.

I presume your numbers are only examples, but I wouldn't expect the libertad collector base to increase by either 5,000 or 10,000 except maybe a long time from now and only if future mintages are a lot higher.

For the proof ASE, the only reason I can see for any increase is because of much higher future bullion prices. Since I expect most Americans to be poorer or a lot poorer years from now, I believe there will be fewer collectors later versus now.

Since I expect most Americans to be poorer or a lot poorer years from now, I believe there will be fewer collectors later versus now.

It's a scary thought, and unfortunately I think you are probably right. Although I hope we are wrong!

I just bought my first Libertad a few days ago, it's gold not silver, but I still found this conversation interesting. I don't have much to add as I'm still a bit new to world coins. But I am finding more and more interesting/beautiful designs from outside our borders.

The gold Libertads are a very nice coin....and it's good to see you back on the board....it seems like you have been away for a couple of months.

Yeah, I won't have it in hand for a little while, slow shipping. But then I'll get pics up.

And yeah, my coin buying kinda happens in spurts, and keeping off the forums helps me to limit my purchases. Trying to find that happy medium of participating without buying everything in sight. :)

The gold Libertads are a very nice coin....and it's good to see you back on the board....it seems like you have been away for a couple of months.

Yeah, I won't have it in hand for a little while, slow shipping. But then I'll get pics up.

And yeah, my coin buying kinda happens in spurts, and keeping off the forums helps me to limit my purchases. Trying to find that happy medium of participating without buying everything in sight. :)

lol I think I read in a post on here some where they diagnosed that problem.

I think they called it "PCD" Pretty Coin Disease.... (thumbs u

I have seen a marked increase in interest in the gold and silver Libertads. The days of "stealing" a rare beauty are quickly coming to an end. If Libertads were a stock, they'd be a growth stock.

While I have only been messing around with them since 2010, your statement has been what I have experienced over that time period. Thus, why I contend with a very small increase in collector pool (5% -10%) could impact price significantly for the Libertad proof coins. Course it will take at least 15-20 years before I know if my bet is right.

I have seen a marked increase in interest in the gold and silver Libertads. The days of "stealing" a rare beauty are quickly coming to an end. If Libertads were a stock, they'd be a growth stock.

Don't know if you read my prior posts here but what is your definition of marked increase? The main obstacle I see for these coins selling for a lot more is that this would make them uncompetitive compared to both other Mexican coins and modern NCLT which have much better numismatic merits, are scarcer or equally scarce or both. There are almost no buyers who pursue a coin or series in a vacuum while completely ignoring the alternatives.

The example provided in a prior thread (by the OP I believe but may have been by someone else) of a 2015 (or 2014) in PR-70 at $300; this is not cheap. There are plenty of world coins which have a lot more going for them which can be bought for the same or less with better credentials and the same principle applies to the series, depending upon the preferences of the particular collector. Those in a 69 or raw, better values but same concept applies.

Don't know if you read my prior posts here but what is your definition of marked increase? The main obstacle I see for these coins selling for a lot more is that this would make them uncompetitive compared to both other Mexican coins and modern NCLT which have much better numismatic merits, are scarcer or equally scarce or both. There are almost no buyers who pursue a coin or series in a vacuum while completely ignoring the alternatives.

The example provided in a prior thread (by the OP I believe but may have been by someone else) of a 2015 (or 2014) in PR-70 at $300; this is not cheap. There are plenty of world coins which have a lot more going for them which can be bought for the same or less with better credentials and the same principle applies to the series, depending upon the preferences of the particular collector. Those in a 69 or raw, better values but same concept applies.

What one considers cheap another considers it a great value. Should ot be assumed that all readers of this board should read your posts before posting?

I guess its a good thing you missed the 99 reverse of 2000 libertad that just sold on the bay for over 2600 raw? Its a good thing, as I will bet you would disagree with that purchase as it was way over its real value. What is the real value on a coin where there have been only two discovered in 16 years? Some would say it should be much higjer but i will bet you will say that since the collector base is so small and insignificant, they dont even know about it so there is no value on that.

As to the 2014 PF libertads, whats their real value in Pf70. I hope its more than 50 bucks because i had 20 graded and 16 came back at 70. No, i can tell what your thinking, they were all 70s from the mint to start with right? Wrong, i looped them and selected the best I had by using my trained eye to self grade before submission. I guess i was just lucky.

Value and price are dictated by the buyer, the more buyers the higher the price. When you speak of ASEs and their low cost and being preferred, you also have to look at the fact there are a trillion billion quadrillion ASEs made every year, they are cheap and have low value and will always be tied to the current market silver price. This is because there are lots to be had so hence, lower price. When you say 5k or 10k is a lot for a mintage, no its really not. What collector buys only 1 of the type of coin they like? 5k or 10k is not that much. 11k or 12k, now thats alot

Todays collector is much different than that of the collectors of yesterday. Because of the internet, technology and world commerce working on a semi- single platform, it has allowed the Contemporary collector to create and demand a new type of coin and and a whole new market, its called the sovereign bullion program. If the public did not want it we would not have the ASE or Philharmonics, Britannias, pandas, kooks, birds, kangaroos, penguins, spiders, crocks, polar bears, pecocks, lions, tigers and bears just to name a few. Are they all worth big bucks or will they all go through the roof in value? Who knows and who cares as long as the buyer like what they are getting. I can tell you that the contemporary collector will keep it alive and it will be this generation of collectors who created the market, the coins, the designs, and demand, and they will pass it down to the next as did the previous generations did with morgans, and franklins. Who would have thought there would still be over 200 million morgans still around and only a very small portion of those go up in value as most are and will be tied to the value, or shall I say the market price of silver. Should not say value, sorry. I am sure the morgan and ASE collectors are just as passionate about what they collect and hoard as all the other collectors of the mordern bullion coins are.

Disclaimer, i do have and collect morgans, ASEs and other old school US numismatic and not so numismatic coinage from foreign lands that i have never visited or ever will. I am not endorsing or intend to advice anyone to follow my recommendations as buying gold and silver has its risks and you can get hurt very, very badly if a bad decision is made making a bad choice on a 1 ounce round shiny thing with a animal or a scary looking human pressed into it either in reflection or in burnished or in a combination of any of the above is made to replicate some kind of artistic past, present or future idea, concept, drawing or any other kind of weird stuff you can put on a coin looking round thingy.

Value is a perception, not necessarily a reality to all but holds true to those who are the current market makers and buyers.

I have no idea why you take my comments personally as I specifically stated I have no skin in the outcome one way or the other. You can believe what you want. I wasn't trying to single you out and perhaps I should not have referred to you by name in my last post, but whether I did or not doesn't change anything I wrote.

I also don't believe that today's collector is that different from the past. There was one other thread where I addressed this topic attempting to explain apparent collector preferences versus the past in opposition to someone else who tried to claim they were radically different.

Obviously, collectors in the past did not collect these coins since they did not exist and yes, I expect these items to be collected in the future.

Sorry if I offended you.

I have no idea why you take my comments personally as I specifically stated I have no skin in the outcome one way or the other. You can believe what you want. I wasn't trying to single you out and perhaps I should not have referred to you by name in my last post, but whether I did or not doesn't change anything I wrote.

I also don't believe that today's collector is that different from the past. There was one other thread where I addressed this topic attempting to explain apparent collector preferences versus the past in opposition to someone else who tried to claim they were radically different.

Obviously, collectors in the past did not collect these coins since they did not exist and yes, I expect these items to be collected in the future.

Sorry if I offended you.

Apology taken. I am a sponsor on a board that is much more active than this for a business i own and i have seen it all and because of this i dont post or read them often because of the BS thats dominated by the few.

The problem with your posts are you are very narrow minded and very opinionated. In what you just wrote you say that the contemporary collector is no different than those of the past. In the past the collector only had what was minted by the mint and had no real say in what that was. As to buying, a collector only had what a local dealer had in stock, what they got from the bank or maybe what was available to them at the very infrequent coin shows. Aside from proof coins which are relatively new, or the state half dollar commems, there was a very limited selection to choose from. Todays collector has a much stronger stance on actual mintages, price control, dictates what the mint produces and actually creates the market. In the past the dealer created the market and was the sole market maker. The only thing both past and present have in commen is collecting itself as this will never change. The way in which we collect, how we collect and what we collect is radically different and much broader.

As to singling me out, yes you did and its offensive as i am sure you have done that with others as can be seen in the tone, perception and concept of your writing. By telling or assuming others should read your posts is presumptuous as if your answers are the correct ones when in fact there are no correct answers in any of this. Its one thing to have a passion and belief on something but when it becomes a rule without exception then all thats created is a cult, dictatorship or communist culture where individual opinion and views dont matter. Collecting anything is a great pastime and hobby, as in most areas its not about coin itself but about the chase.

Most have put together full sets or attempted to collect them and some are easy and some are extremely difficult. Now I will bring up libs, these are extremely difficult and this is why I took on the challenge. For the most part its all about the journey and the knowledge one gains during their personal trip.

All i can say is, instead of giving your opinion as if its the right one, you would be better off actually telling about your experiences as this holds weight and i am sure all will find that much more interesting to read.

I don't come here to participate in a mutual admiration society. Yes, I admit my posts are sometimes harsh and I agree that I should write in a different tone but sometimes I forget. But when I do, I am going to express my opinion, whether anyone here likes it or not.

I am aware what is available to collect now versus the past, having been a collector for 40 years. Obviously, I am not familiar in specifics with every coin or series and what every collector thinks but I can make reasonably accurate inferences from the price level and relative prices, the NGC and PCGS population reports, auction results and comments on forums such as this one.

To go back to the point you just made, I am aware of the internet and that it provides greater options than in the past. This is obvious and is a point I have made myself.

The coins I used as comparisons, they were examples and not intended to be an all inclusive list. I certainly know NCLT is not being collected as an alternative to early US gold or other series which these collectors cannot afford.

Since they are not, I can still reach the logical conclusion that whoever buys the Libertad or other NCLT the chances are virtually zero they are considering Parthian, Islamic or another specialized series like it. Anyone can buy anything they can afford but the examples I listed are comparable where it should be apparent they are among the most likely alternatives for most collectors, regardless of what any collectors individual preference.

For the coins which existed in the pre-internet age, its evident from the factors I listed that collectors in the aggregate still have the same preferences between series. There is an emphasis on (perceived) quality in TPG grading and specialization (such as toning) but otherwise the preference scale hasn't changed much if at all.

As for the series being a challenge, apparently you have a completely different definition than I do. In prior threads, I gave you examples of coins which have lower mintages (never mind survivors) and explained to you that none of those coins are hard to buy either.

I don't come here to participate in a mutual admiration society. Yes, I admit my posts are sometimes harsh and I agree that I should write in a different tone but sometimes I forget. But when I do, I am going to express my opinion, whether anyone here likes it or not.

I am aware what is available to collect now versus the past, having been a collector for 40 years. Obviously, I am not familiar in specifics with every coin or series and what every collector thinks but I can make reasonably accurate inferences from the price level and relative prices, the NGC and PCGS population reports, auction results and comments on forums such as this one.

To go back to the point you just made, I am aware of the internet and that it provides greater options than in the past. This is obvious and is a point I have made myself.

The coins I used as comparisons, they were examples and not intended to be an all inclusive list. I certainly know NCLT is not being collected as an alternative to early US gold or other series which these collectors cannot afford.

Since they are not, I can still reach the logical conclusion that whoever buys the Libertad or other NCLT the chances are virtually zero they are considering Parthian, Islamic or another specialized series like it. Anyone can buy anything they can afford but the examples I listed are comparable where it should be apparent they are among the most likely alternatives for most collectors, regardless of what any collectors individual preference.

For the coins which existed in the pre-internet age, its evident from the factors I listed that collectors in the aggregate still have the same preferences between series. There is an emphasis on (perceived) quality in TPG grading and specialization (such as toning) but otherwise the preference scale hasn't changed much if at all.

As for the series being a challenge, apparently you have a completely different definition than I do. In prior threads, I gave you examples of coins which have lower mintages (never mind survivors) and explained to you that none of those coins are hard to buy either.

You need to read the last paragraph you wrote. You talk about a low mintage coin but they are not hard to find? What does that mean? something may be easy to find and has a low mintage, does that mean its worth collecting? Opinions are one thing but making yourself out as the all knowing is ridiculous. I tried to stay away from posting but you need to realize you are no benifit to anyone on this board so stop acting like a big fish in a little pond.

Where someone says it's "a low mintage coin but they are not hard to find" it means it is readably available to be purchased should someone just want one and it has nothing to do with it's collectability. An example would be the 1916-D Mercury dime: low mintage but not hard to find for sale (finding it in today's change would be another matter) .

I've heard the same phrase used many times on coins from a lot of collectors/dealers too, so it's not bragging, World Colonial was just stating the facts. Perhaps a little less brass would help you here especially when asking for help or opinions for free.