• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy International Beer Day!!!

6 posts in this topic

For those of you that are unaware of it, the first Friday of August is International Beer Day. It got started in 2007 in Santa Cruz, proving that the Bay Area does indeed produce some Great ideas. It now is celebrated in 50 countries and counting. Post a coin, token, medallion etc. dealing with drinking in one format or another. While not really appropriate for a day celebrating drinking, this is the only one I own that covers the subject...

shndtm.jpg

Sy, have you ever had Pliney the Elder or Pliney the Younger? Those two are on my must have list!!

Aren't those guys Greek or Roman? In any case, I don't own them.

How about "1 glas" of Miller Beer? Yes, this Civil War token was issued by the original Fredrick Miller of the Plankroad Brewery. The company has gone through many corporate owners since then.

I believe that this piece was a "good for" which why it is so rare today. Not many were issued and most of them were probably destroyed.

WI510AB4bO.jpgWI510AB4bR.jpg

Sy, have you ever had Pliney the Elder or Pliney the Younger? Those two are on my must have list!!
Aren't those guys Greek or Roman? In any case, I don't own them.
You were speaking of beer and you are in California where the number one rated IPA is brewed, that being Pliney the Elder and it's little brother Pliney the Younger. If you like the IPA, give it a shot and let me know what you think!

http://russianriverbrewing.com/brews/pliny-the-elder/