• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1878 7TF $1

6 posts in this topic

I have this 1878 7TF Morgan dollar I sent in, I thought there are dozens of varieties; I found out there are few with the Rev. of 79, so I asked for something that was not relevant. So I kept expecting some variety to come up and nothing. Quite different with the Rev. of 78.

So how do you ask for the varieties on the 7TF rev. of '79? I kept asking and was told that the rev. of '79 was the variety. Was it up to me to know what the variety was?

It is real easy to tell Rev of 79 vs Rev of 78. Yours has the rounded eagle breast (rev of 79). The Rev of 78 is sunk in in the middle, also called the starving eagle. As for varieties, you can only get a variety that is listed in the NGC Varieties Plus list. So not all of the varieties listed on the VAM site are ok for listing. Also most of the varieties are based on features on the obverse as well as the reverse. Things like double date numerals, dash under 8, clash letters....etc.

Also when you send it in you need to know the variety and list it and check the box for varitey plus.

This one appears to be a C3 reverse, so look at vams 220 and higher.