• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Only 3 Days Left to Pre-Order! New Early Half Dollar Book

5 posts in this topic

1.) How many more volumes are planned?

2,) When can we expect future volumes? I really only collect CBH, but for completeness I may have to buy this volume as well.

Good questions!

1) It will take three more volumes to cover the capped bust type (1807-1836) in the manner that I feel is necessary and equal to what I have done with the first volume. There will be approximately 150 die marriages covered in each and will breakdown as follows:

Volume 2: 1807 - 1821

Volume 3: 1822 - 1828

Volume 4: 1829 - 1836

This just happens to be the same breakdown that NGC uses in the variety plus section.

2) My current plans are to have at the very least, volume 2 done and available by the 2017 ANA in Denver. But, as I already have a tremendous amount of work done and research gathered for those years already; can use the same template format; only have one design type to deal with; have access to several high grade collections; etc., I am contemplating doing the next three volumes in tandem and bringing them all out together. If I can get that done in two years fine, otherwise it will be at the 2018 ANA in Philadelphia.

Hope that answers your questions!

QN

I got my copy today and Steve kindly signed it. AWESOME REFERENCE BOOK!

Not that I want Steve to charge me more for the next book ;), but the cost of just $89 is measly for such a fantastic compendium of the work and effort he's put into the book.

GET IT - you'll be glad you did!!!!!