• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A King's Ransom - July Update

4 posts in this topic

Added four new pieces to my precious metals vault.

Decided to add a few pieces to my new precious metals vault, which I started here this year as a custom set entitled "A King's Ransom". With the cost of gold and silver dropping over the last few weeks it was a good time to pick up a few pieces.

Today I added four new coins (with pictures):

- one 2006-W Proof Gold American Buffalo

- one 2013-W Reverse Proof Gold American Buffalo

- one 2015 Reverse Proof Incuse Enameled Silver Maple Leaf

- and one 2009 Ultra High Relief Gold Double Eagle

I now have one of each type of Gold Buffalo (Circulation, Proof, and Reverse Proof), though I might get the 2008 fractionals at some point in the future. Next I have my eye on the 2006 AGE set to get a proof and reverse proof Gold Eagle.

I added another special issue Silver Maple Leaf, and plan on getting more of these from the Royal Canadian Mint. Each piece is one ounce of silver, which is nice, and I like the design changes each year.

And then I added the well-known 2009 Ultra High Relief, which I've had my eye on since 2009. I finally pulled the trigger and it is a beautiful coin. Almost a shame to call it bullion, but it is what it is.

I also purchased a few raw Gold Maple Leafs, which are currently at NGC being graded. So I will add those to the set and post an update journal for those next month once I have them back in hand.

You can find "A King's Ransom" under my custom sets, if you'd like to take a look at any of these beauties up close. And I've written descriptions for every coin in the set, including mintage numbers, design details, precious metal weights, etc.

Happy collecting!

16784.jpg

See more journals by Alan Lastufka

Congrats Alan

Wonderful job you have done and excellent clear pics.

A 2001 Silver Buffalo P & D set would squeeze in nicely with your

Gold Buffalos.

I only need a 2008 Proof Buffalo to complete my Proof Buffalo set.

DCZAN - Thanks! I'm usually really happy with my photos, though a few of these I'll retake a few times trying to do the coins justice.

McBlzr - Good call, I'll look at adding one or both in the future. Good luck finding your 2008 Proof Buffalo. :)