• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM 1879 $20 Liberty Head

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have this 1879 $20 Liberty Head. I can't tell if it has been cleaned (my expertise is more in comics than coins). I took a few photos and scans. Any help on the grade is greatly appreciated. :)

IMG_0116_zpsrhfzzu7w.jpg

IMG_0117_zpsqzva1xql.jpg

IMG_0118_zpsow90vwpu.jpg

coin1_zpszqrblwxx.jpeg

coin2_zpsgebsyqrx.jpeg

I would say that the sharpness grade is VFand the coin has been cleaned. As such most of its value is in the bullion that it contains. It is not a terrible coin by any means, but I don't think that it needs to be certified.

I would say that the sharpness grade is VFand the coin has been cleaned. As such most of its value is in the bullion that it contains. It is not a terrible coin by any means, but I don't think that it needs to be certified.

Thank you. I was thinking it may have been cleaned, but it does look like other uncleaned coins I've seen, so it would be nice to get a few other opinions. :)

edit. Figured out fmv on my own. :)

vf/xf details ex. jewelry from a bezel and somewhat mottled (caused by acids and salt in the skin) from being worn against the skin again in a bezel

from the san Francisco mint

oh this this coin could talk the stories it could tell (thumbs u