• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RN Indian Cent with Irridescent Green and Purple Patina posted by Numinimist

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Eye-appealing coin at under 1/3 the cost of the PF66CAM I no longer own.

"It is better to want what you have than to have what you want." -Dalai Lama

What would make a great example of an Indian Cent type for a minimalist? I found a beautifully toned 1864 Bronze example, MS66RB with iridescent green and purple patina over a substantial residue of original mint red mixed with brown. Surfaces are considerably better than a MS66RD that I formerly owned.

I love original, attractively toned silver and nickel. Why not copper? Registry and coin values are lower for RB and BN designations, but it's difficult to have much attractive toning on a RD designation before it "falls" to RB. I think copper with eye-appealing toning in RB (and BN) designation is undervalued. Someday, attractively toned coins may be given a designation which will officially enhance their value.

Below is my pick for this slot. Though it's only the third finest I've owned, (I've also owned a PF66CAM.) I think it is the best.

16776.jpg

See more journals by Numinimist