• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a morning with my coins

3 posts in this topic

Just a quick note.

I haven't updated my journal since February. But I spent this morning browsing and enjoying my collection as I am prepping a small box to send to NGC for grading. So I thought I'd check in.

This week I bought a few new pieces for my precious metals vault collection given the recent drop in gold and silver. I also pre-ordered an NGC MS-69 2015 American Liberty High Relief gold coin from APMEX. I'm not sure what the issue price is going to be but given the prices of the 2009 Ultra High Relief, and the fact that the American Liberty has less than half that mintage, the $1,747 for the graded coin felt very reasonable to me. Time will tell I guess.

As my new purchases come in I'll be sure to update my custom sets here and journal with some new images.

Hello everyone! And happy collecting!

See more journals by Alan Lastufka

I'm thinking long and hard about buying the Liberty High Relief gold coin. It seems like there is a huge mark-up on these based on the price of gold these days. Based on that alone, it is hard for me to justify buying this coin. That said, I am thinking long and hard because I really like the design. I signed up for a notification from Modern Coin Mart. Sometimes they sell the 69's for less than the issue price. They make their real money on the 70's. Still, I wish the mint was doing the silver medals. From what I hear the mint may do them next year, but there are no assurances that they will. Enjoying your collection is most of what collecting is all about. I like you love to browse through my collection.

Gary