• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 Enhanced ASE PL and DPL designation

2 posts in this topic

I thought i posted this question but i dont see it so i will post again. On Saturday i submitted 9 2013 SP70 enhanced silver eagles requesting the designation of SP or DPL. While submitting these i was told they may or may not consider it. The question is, since there is a huge difference in the strike on this coin, how has the PL or DPL never been considered before? I got the idea after stuying the coin and noticing differences from one to the next. If they can give the PL and DPL to the 2014 kennedy and morgans, they should do that on this coin as well. Your thoughts, my submission should be in your house now.

• Administrator

Thank you for the question. The NGC graders have seen no significant differences in the finish on the 2013 Enhanced Finish Silver Eagles and the certainly not to the degree to warrant PL or DPL designations. The surfaces of 2014 Kennedy coins as well as of Morgan Dollars are dramatically different from those of the 2013 Enhanced Finish Silver Eagles and show varying degrees of reflectivity.