• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some pictures of NEW purchases

20 posts in this topic

Well, here we go again. More agonizing over trying to take decent photos in SLABS (God...how I hate slabs). Slab glare is a pain in the [#@$%!!!]. White NGC and ANACS slabs are also. Did I say how much I hate slabs? Anyhow herrrrrre they are:

1913-P Type 2 Buffalo. ANACS graded this one AU 58. Thanks ANACS for keeping the coin cheap. yay.gif

Photo from sale:

5c-13p2_1.jpg

My photo:

5c-13p2_600.jpg

Now guess why I got it so cheap. grin.gif

Here's a 1913-S Type 1 I got off Ebay in December. Merry Christmas jom. juggle.gif

5c-13s1_600.jpg

Here's a Stander I argued with the seller over for a month (long story). Finally got the coin. 893whatthe.gif

25c-29s_600.jpg

Stole this 1937-D from BigD5.

5c-37d_A_600.jpg

Enjoy...I hope.

jom

Magnificent! Amazing contrast between the eBay photo and yours on that 13 T2. Sweet coin! thumbsup2.gif All the others are fantastic. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif I take it you're pleased with the SLQ. (It my have been interesting, however, had you not been. insane.gif)

Hoot

Nice coins JOM, but don't let Hoot get too close to them. He's got the flu.

Chris

By the way, doesn't anyone make a filter that makes the plastic invisible"?

Very nice Jom! I see you have been hard at work. Wow, that type 2 ’13 buff looks even better in your photo than I thought it would. thumbsup2.gif

The SLQ looks much nicer than the seller’s image you showed me a while back also. The toning on your SLQ reminds me of my New Rochelle half. It also has about half of the obverse toned in gold, however it is much lighter than the color on your coin.

John

Wow, that type 2 ’13 buff looks even better in your photo than I thought it would

At $30 bucks it was a steal. I feel soooo dirty. 27_laughing.gif

On the SLQ: Look behind the eagle on the rev. That is a rainbow there even if it doesn't come out that well in the pic...

By the way, doesn't anyone make a filter that makes the plastic invisible

Oh God...please let that be true! hail.gif Info?

I take it you're pleased with the SLQ.

I'd better be after I screwed around a half hour getting a good photo. yeahok.gif

Nice coins JOM, but don't let Hoot get too close to them. He's got the flu.

I wouldn't let him close to them even if he dressed up as Mother Teresa. screwy.gif

jom

I wouldn't let him close to them even if he dressed up as Mother Teresa. screwy.gif

jom

I thought you liked that Mother Theresa outfit! flowerred.gif

Hoot

The '13 T2 and SLQ look to be wonderful coins, as do the others, but those two really stood out. So, what's the story with the SLQ and the dealer? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What about a solarizing filter? do you think that would Help? I will expierment with it see what I can do...

So, what's the story with the SLQ and the dealer? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

A strange eBay dealer who was the type who constantly changed his "BIN" and start price virtually every day. This must have went on for 5 weeks and several auctions because he was asking too much for the coin. I finally caved in to an amount a bit more than I wanted to pay. They way I figured it I finally got the damn coin off eBay and probably saved their server from total breakdown. He was one of those people who when you ask a question his answer has NOTHING really to do with the question you asked. Ever encountered that? You know like..:

jom: "Do you think the coin a potential FH? I can't tell from your too small picture. Maybe you can send me a larger shot. Is it possible it could grade 67, it's in an old NGC holder?"

seller: "It's a great coin! Best you'll ever see! Thanks!"

Next email I try again:

jom: "What about the grade and FH issue I asked about yesterday?"

seller: "Best 29-S you'll ever see! I paid $3000 for it in 1990!"

..and so on and so on...

yeahok.gifyeahok.gifyeahok.gif

jom

I love that 1913 Buffalo! It's one of the best dates to find toned, and I have a theory as to why. I think a lot of them were used as type coins by early collectors, and therefore rested in albums for a long time, thus producing that kind of gorgeous toning. Congratulations - I'm envious!

James

I love that 1913 Buffalo! It's one of the best dates to find toned, and I have a theory as to why.

My guess is that you are thinging of the Type 1 P-mint, which you find toned all the time. This is a Type 2, and I don't see it toned all that often. Probably more than the Type 2 branch mint dates but no where near as the Type 1 P-mint.

jom

What about a solarizing filter? do you think that would Help? I will expierment with it see what I can do...

Try anything once. Let us know how the pics come out and show us some comparisons if you think it is wortwhile.

Chris

Jom, you are right about that, BUT I believe that the 1913-P Type 2 would also prove to be the most popular type coin for the type two's as well. It's surprising (and somewhat gratifying) how many collectors prefer "first year issue" coins for their type sets. Except of course for the flowing hair dollar....

James