• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another raw SLQ purchase - 1927 NGC says 64

8 posts in this topic

Looks like no FH but close, This is a real blazer. The dark toning over her shoulder is closer to a gunmetal grey and not distracting in my opinion. There are only a couple contact marks of note on this I can see under magnification, (none without) one on the crest of the shield and one next to the "E" on the reverse in "E PLVRIBUS". Some typical die polish lines are present on the reverse as well, probably to knock some rust off. Grade opinions? This and that 29-D I posted earlier will be submitted at the same time. (I realize these aren't the easiest coins to grade)

The reverse is every bit as bright as the obverse, it just has a little more light toning.

I post a lot of newps, I hope that is OK.

27%20obvreal_zpsvdir7ukg.jpg

27%20obv_zps3seb6v5a.jpg

MS-64 with a shot at MS-65. If the lines around "OF AMERICA" on the reverse are hairline marks and not die polishing, that would be a negative so far as getting the MS-65 grade.

The head is virtually full, but probably just short.