• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I haven't posted a picture in a while...

10 posts in this topic

Here's a Cuban "50 Years of the Republic" 40 centavos

1952cuba40c.jpg

and a 1902 Colombian 50c that finally found me. cloud9.gif

1902col50c.jpg

Congrats on the Columbian coin, I recall you were looking for one for quote some time.

Cuba looks to have a nice bright watery luster!

-JamminJ

Excellent coins. thumbsup2.gif The Cuban looks like it has all kinds of luster to spare. The Colombian's design is quite beautiful. Reminds me of this one that I picked up at FUN (about the size of a half dollar):

728062-1889EssaiCenAmUnion2cPF64NGC05-6.JPG

Hoot

728062-1889EssaiCenAmUnion2cPF64NGC05-6.JPG.4e8b8b8e8ce1c189c5554b346a501b4d.JPG

Thank you, thank you. It certainly felt good to put it in the collection! I don't know if it's just a coincidence or if I brought some attention to the coin, but I've seen more on eBay in the last couple months than the last five years. I like the one I got better than this one that showed up on eBay at the same time. I think mine would go AU58. It still has a full cartwheel, but has a little rub on the cheek and a few too many marks in the fields to call UNC.

The Venezuela 1876 2 1/2 centavo is the next battle. I took at a shot at that one last night, knowing that I wasn't likely to get it. Now that allenwphillips has his, I might be able to get one at closer to book value. wink.gif

I like it! There were some really nice portraits of Liberty on the South/Central American coins in the late 1800s.

Cuba looks to have a nice bright watery luster!

-JamminJ

That's something new for me, that's always been missing in my pictures. The luster in the pic is pretty close to the coin, maybe a little exaggerated. I got an Ott light at christmas. It does well with color with my camera, but still a little flat with luster, like in this pic.

728076-1966irehalfcrown.jpg

When I used both the Ott light and a Reveal, I got this.

728080-1941_25c.jpg

I like the effect, but it whacks out the color. Trying to find a balance is tough.

WOW ! Great pic on the quarter !!

I've found that it is extremely hard to capture both luster and color in the same pic. I've managed to accomplish it maybe twice frown.gif If and when I master that - I'll be quite content with my picture taking ability.

I know what you mean. I don't think I've ever taken a coin picture that I felt I captured all of it. I was going to post an older picture of that quarter to compare, but my isp somehow killed my main webspace and doesn't seem to have any idea what to do to get it back. 893censored-thumb.gif