• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Process for resubmitting coins

5 posts in this topic

I recently submitted a few coins for grading, and was less than pleased with the results. What specifically is the process for resubmitting a coin? DO I need to remove it from the slab to resubmit it for a second opinion?

Theres obviously more to the story, as these coins that I was unhappy with the grade had been previously graded by the 'rival' grading company at a much higher grade however they were cracked out of the slabs by my father in law before he passed away (god bless his soul) he loved to buy coins, and even if they were in slabs already he would crack them out and stick the coins right into his dansco album, but he would ALWAYS save the little papers from the slabs with the grade, year, and barcode. I guess I'm just confused how a coin can go from slab, to album, to ngc and lose 2 grades.

SO, what is the process for resubmission? and is it even worth the time/money?

• Administrator

Thank you for your question. If you would like a coin looked at for a possible upgrade you should submit it in the holder under Regrade service. On your submission form you would check ReGrade and the applicable grading tier (which depends on the coin's value and how quickly you want it graded).

If you are unsure if you should resubmit it, you may want to consult an NGC authorized dealer or some of the members here on the board who may be able to share their opinion with you on the current grade.

1 hour ago, Ottobahn said:

How may I submit post for members help before resubmission of coin? 1878 S Morgan Dollar

thanks

If you are looking to get opinions on your coin, follow these steps:

Clink this link here: https://www.ngccoin.com/boards/forum/90-newbie-coin-collecting-questions/

Click the "Start new topic" button.(It is green, on my computer monitor.)

Put the title of your post in the "Title" box. Be fairly specific. Example title would be "Opinions wanted on the condition of this 1878S Morgan." That lets potential responders know if they might be able to assist you.Posting a title that is something like "Need Help!!" is not beneficial to anyone, especially you.

Don't worry about putting "Tags" on your post. They are just annoying, and normally serve no useful purpose for a post that is soliciting opinions on a particular coin - especially a common issue.

Post your question and comments in the large box, just like you did on your above post. If you include pictures, which you obviously will, make sure they are clear, close, and cropped. Also, it is VERY helpful if they are oriented right side up. Having to turn one's phone, tablet, monitor, or head to see the coin as it would normally be viewed is very frustrating, and will cause some posters to skip your post altogether.