• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morgan 1885-O x 14 PCGS MS-63

3 posts in this topic

As the title says, I have 14 85-O's to sell. Why 14 of such a common date and grade? Well the guy thought they would go up in value and well, they are what they are. I'd like to get them out at 65 each, that's delivered. Want multiples or all, lets talk!!

20150625_165932_zpsh6d3n9na.jpg

20150625_165937_zpsbfj6gj8p.jpg

I think you meant 1885-O. What was his obsession with this particular date/mint mark, and why did he think it was better than any of the other common 1880s New Orleans minted pieces (e.g. 1884-O, 1883-O)?

Kenny, you are correct, these are 85's. I guess I got my prime numbers mixed up!! Not sure the compulsion either. From what I was told the buyer was preparing for the apocalypse and these were probably on the home shopping network at a SCREAMING good deal. So the guy picked up a bunch. Of course as I've explained to the family, he overpaid and they can only make back a fraction of what he spent. Regardless they want to move them and so I've dropped the price.

Let's play Monty Hall and make a deal!! I have combs to hand out! :D

$60 per coin, $55 each if you buy them all!