• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEWP 1951 20 Centavos what do you think?

7 posts in this topic

What is your overall impression and best opinion on grade?eOWHLTirR6Oho0avumsB_1951R.png

v1Au3e8FQ5KoYSu9jBr3_1951O.png

If you get a chance a great post is in the world coins titled "An in-depth look at the 1943-1974 Mexican 20 Centavo"

Great color on the reverse. Nice details all around. A couple dings in the field around the date on the reverse and above the wings on the obverse. I can't see it exactly, but there also seems to be just a touch of detail loss on one of the highest bunch of feathers on the obverse. Here:

v1Au3e8FQ5KoYSu9jBr3_1951O_zpskuueeyr9.png

That group of feathers is the first thing I always look at on the obverse. If I was really trying to beat this one up, I'd also mentioned the dings on the rim of the denomination numbers. Here:

eOWHLTirR6Oho0avumsB_1951R_zpsqysewyt3.png

But every MS KM#439-441 I've ever seen has similar dings, so they're something I've come to sort of expect.

Overall, I'd say MS 64 BN

I'd say MS65BN. There is next to nothing detracting from that coin, except a few smallish hits in the fields here and there.

The eye appeal is superb! (thumbs u