• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1853 A&R Quarter on Ebay

13 posts in this topic

Some may remember the thread I started a few weeks ago in the coin forum about two 1853 A&R Seated Liberty Quarters. Well, this isn't one of them. 27_laughing.gif

This is one I already had before I bought the other two.

1853_SLQ.jpg

1853 A&R Quarter on Ebay

This one has some light hairlines on the obverse and a light scratch in the right obverse field. I took advantage of the five cent listing day yesterday for this one because I wasn't sure how the market would value this coin. My starting price is my break even cost and I thought I got a good deal when I bought the coin about seven years ago, although the ebay seller who sold me the coin didn't bother to mention the hairlines or the scratch. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I also have a couple other coins I listed Sunday that you might want to take a peek at.

Thanks for looking. yay.gif

Thanks for the comment, James. I think this is the wordiest listing I have made to date, but I wanted to make sure and point out the good points as well as the bad.

Hayden, thank you for the bumps. I'm just a bit closer to getting back what I have in them now. Don't try to resist too much. I just need a couple of "can't resisters" to have at it on this one. Bid early and bid often. grin.gif

Some may remember the thread I started a few weeks ago in the coin forum about two 1853 A&R Seated Liberty Quarters. Well, this isn't one of them. 27_laughing.gif

This is one I already had before I bought the other two.

1853_SLQ.jpg

1853 A&R Quarter on Ebay

This one has some light hairlines on the obverse and a light scratch in the right obverse field. I took advantage of the five cent listing day yesterday for this one because I wasn't sure how the market would value this coin. My starting price is my break even cost and I thought I got a good deal when I bought the coin about seven years ago, although the ebay seller who sold me the coin didn't bother to mention the hairlines or the scratch. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I also have a couple other coins I listed Sunday that you might want to take a peek at.

Thanks for looking. yay.gif

ToTheTop

This is a nice looking coin. I would bid on it myself if not for its iniquities.

Thanks for the bump. Just remember, iniquities should be forgiven. It's not the coins fault. Besides, as James pointed out, some people like to collect problem coins.

It has two bids already and several watchers, so it will find a new home soon. grin.gif

Thanks for the bump. Just remember, iniquities should be forgiven. It's not the coins fault. Besides, as James pointed out, some people like to collect problem coins.

It has two bids already and several watchers, so it will find a new home soon. grin.gif

The 1853 1/4 trends at about $350 in AU. This is a great coin for type collectors for a potentially great price.

P.S. Good one-liner about iniquities. smile.gif

Bumps on this board are almost pointless. It's not like the post is going to roll of the page or something. insane.gif

Just wanted to point out that the coin closes tonight and it's still cheap. yay.gif

RGT, I would have thought that the price would have gone up to $180 instead of the US $132.50. Well, that is the way things go. Good luck in the future!!

I didn't think it would go quite that high, but I did hope for around $150 or so. But you never know when you sell a problem coin. ANACS may have net graded AU50 or EF45 and there's a big price difference. A painful price difference for me on my last NGC submission. frustrated.gif

I've mostly done ok on ebay. My worst sale was a few weeks ago. I sold a very nice VF 1920-S Walking Liberty Half that went for $20.50. I bought the coin over 20 years ago for $28 and it lists for more than twice that now. Christo_pull_hair.gif

I've mostly done ok on ebay. My worst sale was a few weeks ago. I sold a very nice VF 1920-S Walking Liberty Half that went for $20.50. I bought the coin over 20 years ago for $28 and it lists for more than twice that now. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Oouch!

I didn't think it would go quite that high, but I did hope for around $150 or so. But you never know when you sell a problem coin. ANACS may have net graded AU50 or EF45 and there's a big price difference. A painful price difference for me on my last NGC submission. frustrated.gif

I'm sorry I missed out on that... devil.gif