• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which do you think is a better asset over the next 5 years: Gold or Land

33 posts in this topic

Stay in cash and wait for suckers, distressed or unknowledgeable sellers to come along. Vulture capitalism pays off well, in this world anyway; personally I don't play that game.

I expect a lot of distressed sellers in the future but the duration of the financial levtiation act has execeeded my wildest expectations by a longshot.

I believe the value of real estate is substantially inflated by the credit bubble, though yes it does vary by location. Gold is also historically overpriced versus other commodities, relative to silver and has increaased a lot faster than the (inaccurate) CPI. I concurrently believe that gold's relatively inflated price is also primarily due to the credit bubble and monetary inflation, but is also susceptible to contracting credit conditions, as occurred in late 2008 to early 2009.