• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legitimate Tangent

23 posts in this topic

OK! Jokes over. I get the picture, no more negative comments towards the staff, graders, or anyone else involved with NGC (at least while I have a submission still there wink.gif).

My Early Bird submissions are still in QC and it's been over a WEEK.

PLEASE don't do this with the Early Bird stuff. The economy stuff, ok. Not usually anything there that I'm basing a vacation on wink.gif

I'm dying of anticipation. laugh.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, tomorrow's another day. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

If it's been in there a long time, it usually means they are downgrading a coin from what they originally slabbed it as. Since it's been a week, they likely are downgrading all of them or several are counterfeit and they want to be 100% sure before bagging them. Better cancel those vacation plans.

wink.gifdevil.gif

Additionally, they are probably in the process of writing you nasty notes on each coin and setting up defenses to ban you permanently from submitting coins. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Did you read the fine print at the bottom of the submission form that says, "NGC reserves the right to flatten all coins to foil thinness or melt any and every coin submitted at their discretion"? insane.gif

Hoot

I appreciate the support guys. Thanks! smile.gif

Actually, one of the coins is an NCS reject, and I had to do the dirty work myself. frown.gif

Maybe they are downgrading that one as we speak........

I should have kept quiet until I actually had RESULTS.

Did you read the fine print at the bottom of the submission form that says, "NGC reserves the right to flatten all coins to foil thinness or melt any and every coin submitted at their discretion"? insane.gif

Hoot

sign-funnypost.gif

That is awful. 893whatthe.gif I bet they are just making a special slab just for you flowerred.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I've had an economy submission in since before Christmas, and just found out that it shipped yesterday. It's the longest time any of my submissions have taken as of yet.

I don't do much Economy US, but recently someone said that theirs were done in about the stated 21 business days. If yours were before Christmas, you've got several business days taken off for Christmas, New Year's, and the FUN show.

OK! Jokes over. I get the picture, no more negative comments towards the staff, graders, or anyone else involved with NGC (at least while I have a submission still there ).

Oh yeah, is that Darin with one R or two? We don't want to make any mistakes while I add a few notes here. 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

I mailed my coins December 23, so they probably arrived December 27. It'll be about 35 business days in and out of my mailbox, not discounting perhaps a couple days for shows and whatnot.

My purpose wasn't to complain, as the coins aren't anything I need to sell or whatever. Just wanted to provide another factual input as to the current speed of economy submissions.

James

See, I knew I was in trouble. Now I have the graders looking up the invoices..........

Actually, just checked........Finalized, Imaged and Shipped!!!!!!!!!!

I went 4 for 4 on these babies, and here comes that vacation! smile.gif

These went in Early Bird, and the time frame was fine. I just die when the coins sit in QC for what seems like forever. smile.gif

I have a couple of larger economy invoices in (1/9?) and imagine they'll get done by the end of the month.

Ok. I'll spill the beans.

I purchased a super looking ms/65 ngc Texas Commem. and knew it was a no brainer 66. That happened.

Purchased a nice '21 Peace $ that I knew was at least a 63 from another dealer who had it labeled as au. It graded 63. The poor guy. wink.gif

Had an ANACS 1857 1c ms/64 that had some verdigris on the rim area that I couldn't sell for the life of me because of that verdigris. I took this coin, RELUCTANTLY, in trade at a show. Anyway, off it went to NCS, who sent it back to me with NO conservation work done to the coin. I was a bit peeved/bummed at this point. I cracked the coin out, removed the verdigris myself and sent the coin back in. It 64'd, as it should have, it's a very nice coin.

And the grand finally......(drumroll)..........I bought a decent looking '34-s Peace dollar and knew it had HUGE potential and should fall anywhere in that au/58-ms/62 range. It graded ms/62.

724267-s940obv.jpg.5ba265369c7c7b5815b4904a7db47a26.jpg

I think I have some pic's of the other coins as well. May even be able to do a before and after of the flyer. I should get the coins back by the end of the week.

The rev. of the Texas has a bit more rim color with some blues and greens as well. Killer luster.

724270-s940rev.jpg.bdfd1017c8475ed808a9a7b0c537e3ee.jpg

I don't have pic's of the Peace dollars frown.gif

The 1921 was a no brainer for me. I couldn't believe the notation on the dealer's holder when I saw it. Scooped that one up QUICKLY!

Not too quickly to argue price, I hope.

You can lose status for a mistake like that.

Course, you can lose the coin too, but it's the principle.

The trick is not to "argue" price, but "discuss" price, and you can lose more status for not "discussing" price depending on the dealer.

Sometimes it's better to lose the coin as well.

Dangit, Darin, you're right.

DISCUSS....I will write that on the blackboard 50 times.

You MUST discuss.

e.g. "You call that a WHAT?"

or

"Welllll........I........don't ............know.............oh.............okay."

or

"How long you gonna SIT on that Brasher?"

My PERSONAL preference is ....... See, check twice, look again.....SNAG!

Had a funny incident at a toy show. Etiquette is similar to coin shows. I saw a good buy at a table. Guy was lookin at the toy. He put it down. Walked off. I stopped, had seen the price tag and said "I'll take that."

done

UNTIL

I put it on Ebay.

Winning bidder is nearby town. Asks if can pick up personally to save postage.

Gets to shop. Sees toy. Says, "That's MY toy. I SAW IT AT THE SHOW YOU GOT IT! I'm not paying YOU for what ....I..... coulda had."

Storms out. Never buys. Same guy who put it down and walked off.

Last time I did a "local pickup" favor.

Sheeeee.

grin.gif

Had a funny incident at a toy show. Etiquette is similar to coin shows. I saw a good buy at a table. Guy was lookin at the toy. He put it down. Walked off. I stopped, had seen the price tag and said "I'll take that."

done

UNTIL

I put it on Ebay.

Winning bidder is nearby town. Asks if can pick up personally to save postage.

Gets to shop. Sees toy. Says, "That's MY toy. I SAW IT AT THE SHOW YOU GOT IT! I'm not paying YOU for what ....I..... coulda had."

Storms out. Never buys. Same guy who put it down and walked off.

And you didn't shoot him in the back as he walked out of your store? 893whatthe.gif What's wrong with you? insane.gifmakepoint.gif

Hoot