• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 Narrow Reeds Variety 1/10th Oz gold Eagle

2 posts in this topic

Sorry if this is has been posted already but i cant find the thread i started so here is goes again.

I have been watching the narrow reed variety since it was discovered and have been thinking about buying one. The issue i have is the unknown number that really exist and is it worth it? The pop reports show a few hundred graded and i am sure there are many more out there undiscovered. There are two ways i am thinking about this coin; 1. There are not too many or 2. The mint made a heck of alot. Pretty basic. I know this is a stab in the dark but i finally took the plunge and picked up a ms69 for 260 dollars, not too bad since the ms69 are going for 299.00 and up. Any thoughts on picking up error coins or variety coins when first discovered ?

One opinion...historically I've noticed modern errors or varieties spike when first discovered then have a tendency to cool off, IE; High leaf/low leaf Wisconsin Statehood quarters is a prime example.

Collect/buy what you like, it's the hunt that makes it fun at times.