• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pictures

12 posts in this topic

Do not use photobucket. Collectivecoin.com is vastly superior. Create an account and add coins to your list. To post them, simply bring up a photo, click "Forum" and then hit Ctrl-V in the forum message window. No need to worry about the tags.

Do not use photobucket. Collectivecoin.com is vastly superior. Create an account and add coins to your list. To post them, simply bring up a photo, click "Forum" and then hit Ctrl-V in the forum message window. No need to worry about the tags.

I agree. I have had several photos ruined by Photobucket insofar as it does something to degrade the quality of the images. It is unpredictable. I don't have the problem, at least with the few items that I listed, with Collective Coin.

"How do I put pictures of my coins on here!"

I use adhesive tape. Sticks the photos to the screen very easily. Simple matter to change photos, too. Glue sticks are messy.

I use adhesive tape. Sticks the photos to the screen very easily. Simple matter to change photos, too. Glue sticks are messy.

You'll have to forgive Roger. He sent away for one of those "study-at-home" courses to become a sit-down comic.

Chris

You'll have to forgive Roger. He sent away for one of those "study-at-home" courses to become a sit-down comic.

Chris

And was the only student that failed and had the money returned......a historical mail order first. :cry:

I agree. I have had several photos ruined by Photobucket insofar as it does something to degrade the quality of the images. It is unpredictable. I don't have the problem, at least with the few items that I listed, with Collective Coin.

The kind of "problems" you folks are talking about with regard to Photobucket are only relevant/impactful at the pixel peeping level. As a novice posting pictures, the OP would be just fine using Photobucket. Sure, it's the not the optimal place to upload pics for professional transfer of images, but it's perfectly fine for 99%+ of coin forum needs.

Tags are also not necessary when pasting from Photobucket, as was implied in the first post, and hinted at as if it were some big hassle. That "Forum" version of pictures has always been available in Photobucket.

The kind of "problems" you folks are talking about with regard to Photobucket are only relevant/impactful at the pixel peeping level. As a novice posting pictures, the OP would be just fine using Photobucket. Sure, it's the not the optimal place to upload pics for professional transfer of images, but it's perfectly fine for 99%+ of coin forum needs.

Actually, the problems I experienced are more profound than those you describe. In a handful of instances, I have had files corrupted to the point that you can no longer recognize half of the image as a coin. Granted it wasn't something that occurred all the time, but as it stands, I do not trust Photobucket at all. I will see if I still have any of the corrupted images. If I do, I will post one so you can see.

Actually, the problems I experienced are more profound than those you describe. In a handful of instances, I have had files corrupted to the point that you can no longer recognize half of the image as a coin. Granted it wasn't something that occurred all the time, but as it stands, I do not trust Photobucket at all. I will see if I still have any of the corrupted images. If I do, I will post one so you can see.

Never heard of such a problem, and I have been using photobucket for years and years. I'm by no means saying they are the "best" -- but given no truly comparable alternative, I have used them heavily. Collectivecoin is okay, but I worry about long term sustainability there. It is a painful process to move/transfer over thousands of pictures to a new hosting site. I haven't checked out the new (and free) unlimited Google Images -- but I'd be more inclined to go that route for the long-haul than collectivecoin. Though, I will say, I'm extremely happy with the little bit I have used Collectivecoin so far.

-Brandon

Also, try Drop Box. You can download the program to your desktop, and move the files around like you would items on your desktop. It makes transfer easy, and you can right click and then copy the link for public sharing using tags. I am planning on setting this up soon as a back-up and with additional images not included on the other site.

Never heard of such a problem, and I have been using photobucket for years and years. I'm by no means saying they are the "best" -- but given no truly comparable alternative, I have used them heavily. Collectivecoin is okay, but I worry about long term sustainability there. It is a painful process to move/transfer over thousands of pictures to a new hosting site. I haven't checked out the new (and free) unlimited Google Images -- but I'd be more inclined to go that route for the long-haul than collectivecoin. Though, I will say, I'm extremely happy with the little bit I have used Collectivecoin so far.

-Brandon

This is what I am talking about although this one is better than the others described.

1886PCGSMS64BattleCreek1revslab_zps3kuyk80a.jpg