• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atocha 8 Reale

8 posts in this topic

Picked this up from my LCS today. It was cheap and I liked the history behind it. It doesn't have the COA, but I felt like it's something interesting to add to my collection.

I'm not looking to spend $200 to re-certify it. Does anyone know if NGC will attribute these on the holder? Not a big deal if they won't, but thought it might be another avenue I could take... and cheaper, lol.

Thanks.

DXALVnmCSdK9zDfjkyvp_1622%208%20Reale%20Atocha%20-%20black.jpg

Without proof of the source all you have is a sea salvaged 8 Reales (corroded). No TPG would put Atocha on the label.

These coins are not my forte but without a provable Atocha provenance, and as badly is the coin is corroded, unless it is a rare date/mint/ coiner etc it might not even be worth the cost to have it slabbed.

These coins are not my forte but without a provable Atocha provenance, and as badly is the coin is corroded, unless it is a rare date/mint/ coiner etc it might not even be worth the cost to have it slabbed.

Agree.

I thought it would be worth the slabbing if NGC could attribute the coin. It makes sense that they can't, so I'm not going to pursue any form of COA.

It was $35 bucks at my LCS... so I'm happy with the purchase. My daughter loved the coin :)