• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GUESS THE GRADE PLEEZE!

15 posts in this topic

HERE ARE THE LAST 2 I WILL POST FOR NOW. ONE IS A GRADED 85 CC AND THE OTHER IS UNGRADED 1899 BARBER QUARTER. ON THE BARBER QUARTER I WOULD LIKE AN OPINION ON WHAT YOU FEEL IT WOULD GRADE,THANKS!

85cc_and_bar_001.jpg

85cc_and_bar_002.jpg

85cc_and_bar_003.jpg

85cc_and_bar_004.jpg

85cc_and_bar_005.jpg

85cc_and_bar_007.jpg

85cc_and_bar_008.jpg

85cc_and_bar_011.jpg

85cc_and_bar_012.jpg

the 85-cc is a really pretty coin with very good eye appeal in fact the other 2 morgans have really good eye appeal too!

I think in my opinion the 85-cc is in an original GSA holder and graded as

choice unc. and again has really good eye appeal and gem on the reverse!

the 1899 barber quester is a really nice coin and I think the reverse is a choice unc!

the obverse which is 70% of the coins grade I think the obverse is an unc. coin but overall I think the coin is au-58+ to an ms 62 grade hard to grade from photos but I think again the obverse an unc. and I could tell better in hand but all we got is photos so overall the coin is ms 61 could it be better in person sight seen yes! but again all we got is photos on here

1901- AU 53 as the coin appears to have nice luster remaining, but AU Details possible.

1896 -0 AU 58

1885 CC MS 64

1901 – Xf details – looks cleaned

1896 – Au 58 or Ms 62 – could be in a details holder because of a cleaning

1885 CC – at least Ms 63 probably 64

1899 barber - Au 58 or MS 63

You know it is funny you say that on the 1896-o because my original feeling before submitting was it was going to ms 62 but what usually happens when you submit uncommon date coins? At least for me they always come back that one step under the bigger value the coin would be worth. I generally will get one good grade per submission that is just good enough to make me want to keep submitting coins(but not this time!) I am not submitting any more for awhile. They are way too tight on their grades right now.

I wish you all could see the barber in hand, it has the glowing all the way across the coin luster and not really a mark on the coin. I have several like this I bought off a dealer friend of mine.

I will be putting up full pics of the graded coins later today(after 6pm central) so you all can see how close you were, thanks! Paul

thank you paul for the kind words and for the great thread and taking the opinions with grace and understanding

best thread on here (guess the grade) in a long time!!! (thumbs u

I see I was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy off but I am not too knowledgable in morgan dollars