• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did anyone else see the Richmond collection part III auction catalog.

15 posts in this topic

Did anyone else receive a copy of the Richmond collection part III auction catalog from DLRC? I received my copy today and am quite impressed with the quality.

The catalog is hardbound and has a large color picture of the ex Stack/Richmond 1894s dime on the front cover. In addition, every lot has a color photo to go along with its description. This is how all auction catalogs should be made! There are a lot of very nice coins listed in this catalog. Anyone have a favorite?

John

DLRC has been sending me all of their Richmond Collection catalogs, even though I have never bid in any of their auctions. They are quite nice, and I think I only like the Stack's auction catalogs better than these. As for a favorite coin in this auction, I have not gone through each lot yet.

Hi John,

Just got one in the mail today, could'nt put down for over an hour. I found one lot, a proof 63 Barber Half that I'll try to pick.

It's a nice hard covered glossy page book, but I do'n't think that I would pay $50 dollars for it. If some one does buy it, will their $50 go towards payment on a winning bid?

I have also received as a freebie all three catalogs as the auctions have progressed. I've bought several coins from DLRC and bid in tha last Richmond auction but lost. Anyhow, they are very nicely produced catalogs. I haven't had a chance to look but plan on spending a bit of time soon. Since this is a bunch of denominations that I typically don't collect, I doubt I'll bid. Great catalogs and worth keeping and studying for the time being.

Hoot

I have gotten all three of the catalogs for free also, but I have done a fair amount of business with DLRC over the years, so I guess that’s why. Like Hoot, I won’t be bidding because the catalog lists coins that I am not actively collecting, but there sure are some really nice coins listed never the less, and the catalogs make a worthwhile addition to any numismatic library.

John

I, too, have received all three volumes...outstanding publications. I have done a fair amount of business with DLRC, but was very surprised to be sent these gratis. I have enjoyed reviewing these...the imaging is great and the commentaries are very informative. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I have also begun to receive auction catalogues from Heritage. Bid and won a couple of items in the recent FUN Signature Auction. They also produce a very nice publication...the Long Beach Signature is incredible. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Anyone on this forum who sends me a direct email to john@davidlawrence.com with their mailing address will get a free catalog. We use the price to moderate the number of catalogs we ship but we don't want to keep any from the hands of serious collectors.

Thanks!

-John

We use the price to moderate the number of catalogs we ship but we don't want to keep any from the hands of serious collectors.

I really really reall REALLY wish Heritage did the same. I've told them TWICE to stop sending me catalogs since my PO is giving me a hard time. Sure enough I've received now TWO freaking boxes worth of catalogs the last month. BOXES! WTF? I think they could save themselves a fortune in postage costs if they quit sending these damn things.

BTW, it's not as if I don't want to bid in their sale...it's just that I'm happy with using the internet site. If I want the catalog I'd just ask. Isn't that easier for everyone? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

jom

We use the price to moderate the number of catalogs we ship but we don't want to keep any from the hands of serious collectors.

I really really reall REALLY wish Heritage did the same. I've told them TWICE to stop sending me catalogs since my PO is giving me a hard time. Sure enough I've received now TWO freaking boxes worth of catalogs the last month. BOXES! WTF? I think they could save themselves a fortune in postage costs if they quit sending these damn things.

BTW, it's not as if I don't want to bid in their sale...it's just that I'm happy with using the internet site. If I want the catalog I'd just ask. Isn't that easier for everyone? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

jom

I agree, jom (or are you really JamminJ? grin.gif). I haven't bought from a Heritage auction in over two years and have frequently changed addresses for my job yet, I receive their catalogs wherever I go. They get cumbersome and I feel that it is a waste of postage and print to blanketly send these out to so many.

I am still getting auction catalogs from Bowers and Merena, but have not even bid on a coin since the QDB exodus. This is surely a lot of wasted expense on their part.

I agree with Jom about Heritage. I look at their Ebay, online auctions and homepage often. I do not need their catalogs, as I do not even keep them anymore.

Thanks John at DLRC. I received my catalogue in 1 day in time for me to bid. It is a nice catalogue that is a hardbound book.