• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Delete - Moved

10 posts in this topic

Looking for quite the profit margin on that Peace Dollar, aren't you?

After looking at several other pieces and the asking prices in dealer inventory listings and on eBay BIN, I priced it more in line with those. As I mentioned in the listing, if an interested party were to make an offer, I would consider it. Also, in hind sight, I think marketing issues may have helped me acquire this piece at the price I did.

I think the big fingerprint may have had some part in the acquisition price also. (shrug)

Yes, the coin, it's grade, and the quality of toning and eye appeal all factored into the price. Ditto for the seller's marketing and use of a store front geared towards toys. After a bit of research, I think the coin is worth more than I may have initially thought, and I am still in line with the market. I haven't done anything wrong or anything differently than a dealer would do. I am pricing the piece at what I believe is a fair retail value.

How is that your business? And it's VERY POOR form to post such remarks in another's thread.

How is that your business? And it's VERY POOR form to post such remarks in another's thread.

Ankur, I am sorry, did I hurt your feelings?

I do find it excessively ironic that you choose to help turn my sales thread into a train wreck. I jumped to your defense when someone criticized you for selling a semi-PL star piece dollar at an even a higher markup. If I recall correctly you purchased the coin for around $120 and asked $499 here. Moreover, in my case, the fact that BNB sold it from an alternative store front geared towards toys hurt him immensely IMHO. After the auction was over two posters - one with much experience in toners generally and the other with experience in toned Peace Dollars - agreed with the conclusion that I reached independently : The piece went for a low price and is worth more. I would be an insufficiently_thoughtful_person to leave money on the table because it pissed off the underbidder.

The only thing you're hurting is your reputation. As a New Jersey resident, you embarrass me.