• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If there was an International Currency, would you collect it?

11 posts in this topic

A single global currency is not a new idea by any means. But if such a thing existed, do you think that you would collect it? Or would your decision to collect or not ultimately depend on something like design?

I don't do a lot with currency, and what I do have was made in America well over a century ago. The foreign stuff does nothing for me as a collectable.

The foreign stuff does nothing for me as a collectable.

But if it was a true global currency, it wouldn't be foreign.

Collect British sterling up to about 1916 and US dollars thereafter. That should cover the two international currencies.

I'd collect it as much as I collect the Euro (which is as close to what you suggest as we will see in the near future).

By which I mean - I don't and won't collect it. Modern coinage holds little to no interest for me. The only time I bought Euro's was when I went to Europe - and made sure I spent them all before I left.

A single global currency is not a new idea by any means. But if such a thing existed, do you think that you would collect it?

if it did happen I certainly would consider it depending on what it looked like and other factors