• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yes, there are such things as dumb questions . . .

2 posts in this topic

. . . I just hope this isn't one!

My question is if I submit a coin for conservation due to what I believe is unattractive toning on the reverse of a Lafayette dollar, if in the judgment of the NCS conservator, the coin should not or cannot be conserved, will the coin be automatically returned to me or can it be forwarded to NGC for grading?

Regardless of whether the coin is conserved, I want the coin graded, but from reading the website & the information supplied in my membership welcome kit, it appears that if a coin is not conserved that it is returned to the owner.

Not a dumb question at all :)

If a coin is evaluated and determined that it can not be conserved it will still transfer to NGC for grading and encapsulation. The only exception is if you send in a graded coin in another company's holder and we did not conserve it, you would receive the coin back in the original holder.

Hope this helps!