• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who wants to wager this guy pulls this auction!

2 posts in this topic

This seller recently pulled a 1961-D with partial steps! I believe that auction was up to $180 before he ended the auction. This guy probably believes like I do concerning fully struck Jefferson nickels that hinge on a full step designation. Jefferson nickels like the 1939-PDS type ones, 1949, 1953-S and 1954-S and every date that is rare to find with a full strike. The two following 1954-S Jefferson nickels are perfect examples! How many of these exist, only time will tell. From the pics the first coin shows some weakness in the strike, possibly from die fatigue. I personally wouldn't grade this coin higher than MS64 with a possible 4.50 steps. The second coin's quality looks much nicer with the stronger strike and I have been told there are 4.75 steps. I havn't seen either coin first hand yet but from the pictures, they do look like nice coins to own. More later!

Image Hosting by Vendio

Image Hosting by Vendio

Smart Services for Smart Sellers

Get simple, reliable, and affordable image hosting with Vendio today!

Leo