• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Right place, Right time posted by Bill Belaus

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

1934,1938S,1947 Lincoln cents

I guess it pays to be at the Right place at the Right time. I picked up three new Lincoln cents to add to my collection from eBay.They are a 1934 NGC 1934 MS67RD, a 1938S NGC MS67 RD, and a 1947 NGC MS67 RD, for a price of $204.90. NGC has a price value of $890.00 for these three coins. Not a bad return for spending a few hours searching through all the graded coins available. Next one I'ml thinking about is a 1949D NGC MS 67RD. Have to give that one some serious thought because the return if it can be picked up at the right price is astounding.

See more journals by Bill Belaus

You mentioned "not a bad return...". Unless you subsequently sold them for a profit, as of yet, there has not been any return.

And have you checked auction archives to see what such coins have been selling for? While I haven't checked, I would bet that the levels have been far below those you see in the price guide.

Enjoy your coins, but not based on an assumed profit.

Just collecting for myself, but it's nice to see that something you put time into researching has an equity value to it. Let me ask, would you put money into saving for retirement and expect it not to gain in value? As I stated, I bought these for my collection. My first grandson will be born this August, and when I pass, I will be leaving him my entire collection. Maybe with a little luck, Pop Pop's collection will have enough equity to pay for his entire college education. That's what I meant when I used the word "return". Thank you.

I can tell you based off the recent sale of my 1947 P NGC MS67RD alone, he made an amazing pickup. Great find Walnutto.

Michael