• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Submission

10 posts in this topic

I have my first submission at NGC now.

I noticed that my coins were listed in "Quality Control".

Just where in the grading process are they?

This is the third day the coins have been there.

When can I expect the grades?

Thanks in advance for any info.

-------------

etexmike

That's more info than I had.

I had two orders that were going to be graded according to their schedule 10

days apart. Then shipped together.

I just wasn't sure where the order stood.

I'm like a kid at Christmas and was just getting impatient.

Thanks.

-------------

etexmike

I have several more coins that I want to submit for grading.

I just wanted to send in this first group to try it out. And figure out.

Of all the NGC & PCGS coins that I own, this is the first ones that I have submitted.

I sent in a complete set of Franklin halves and was hoping for FBL on all except for the 53S. What I have since learned is that I may of had more luck sending them to PCGS with a better chance of getting that designation.

Hoping for the best if they will post the 1955 to 1963D coins.

-------------

etexmike

QU is where they are checked to make sure the insert information is correct and grade is correct.

No, that's where they sit to torture me while I keep checking on my submission. wink.gif

You know they are giggling. Knowing who is checking on submissions 6x each day. I can hear them in the room now "This whackout checks his submission 10x a day.......let's let the coins sit just a few days longer......." wink.gif

I've had coins sit in QC for over a week. frown.gif and have 1 Early bird invoice that's been there since Tuesday of this week. I know I'm not going to get results until Monday........or Tuesday..... smile.gif

Hey, I think I might hold the record - four weeks in QC! 893whatthe.gif It was more fun than I've ever had! smile.gif A phone call or two... or three, or maybe it was four, got it all fixxxed. laugh.gif

I looked like this then: yay.gifpopcorn.gifjuggle.gifyay.gifpopcorn.gifjuggle.gifyay.gifpopcorn.gifjuggle.gifyay.gifpopcorn.gifjuggle.gifyay.gifpopcorn.gifjuggle.gifyay.gifpopcorn.gifjuggle.gifyay.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifjuggle.gifyay.gifpopcorn.gifjuggle.gifscrewy.gif

At NGC, they have dart boards made of the CS members and keep them hidden in the grading room. 893whatthe.gif That's why the occasional coin is returned body bagged with a small hole in the center. insane.gif

Hoot

My worst QC experience is a toss up.

A) I submitted two invoices and asked that they be returned together to save on shipping. One was returned to me by itself. The other invoice sat in QC for quite some time before I figured out what happened. It was stuck waiting for the other invoice (which had already been shipped to me) to finish. One PM got it fixed.

B) Coins went in QC with some obvious errors (wrong variety, country, etc). A few days later I noticed some of the errors fixed, but not all. A few more days and more errors fixed. Repeat. Took what seemed like an eternity to go thru QC.

What I am taking from all of this is that the agony is probably just starting.

Well isn't this a whole lot of fun.

I guess I get 'em when I get 'em. Christo_pull_hair.gif

-------------

etexmike