• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

king George VI 1937 gold proof set (4 coins)

5 posts in this topic

You need to open an account on a site like Photobucket. You can open it for free. Then you upload your photos to it. When you run your curser over the photo you will see horizonal lines in the lower left corner. When you point to that area there will be a group of options. Choose "link" and copy the code.

On this site the third box from the left on the tool bar, the one with the triangle and the two blue dots, is the up load button. Push it to get the drop in box, paste the code to it and submit. The picture will then post with your message.

I know it sounds complicated, but not too bad after you have done it a couple of times.

If you can't take digital close-up pictures, that is whole additional issue.

BTW I have a sovereign from that set. you mentioned. Here it is. NGC graded it PR-66.

1937SovereignO_zpsdc14ce32.jpg1937SovereignR_zps35ae42aa.jpg

Soo any idea of the grade of these coins? many thanks for any input \:\)

We can't guess the grades without pictures. Even then given that they are Proofs, it would be only estimates.

NGC graded the sovereign I posted as a PR-66 Cameo. These coins are often not as high a grade as a novice might think. Many of them have become cloudy, and mishandling results in marks and hairlines that lower the grade. Years rubbing against the velvet lined box will lower the grade too. These coins are delicate, and it does not take much to damage them.

Soo any idea of the grade of these coins? many thanks for any input \:\)

We can't guess the grades without pictures. Even then given that they are Proofs, it would be only estimates.

NGC graded the sovereign I posted as a PR-66 Cameo. These coins are often not as high a grade as a novice might think. Many of them have become cloudy, and mishandling results in marks and hairlines that lower the grade. Years rubbing against the velvet lined box will lower the grade too. These coins are delicate, and it does not take much to damage them.

Bill - you blow me away, what don't you have (in very nice condition - by the way)? :/