• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recommendation for coin shop in Elgin, Il or Rochester, MN?

10 posts in this topic

There's no coin shop in Elgin, Ill. I know of. The closest is Old World Coins in Mc Henry, Ill. or Niles Coin Shop in Niles, Ill.

Google them for contact info and driving directions.

A coin dealer in our county, Brookfield Coin will not ship to MN due to their invasive laws regarding coins and precious metals. I know at least one dealer that moved to this state, CT due to their more lax treatment of numismatics in terms of taxes.

There's no coin shop in Elgin, Ill. I know of. The closest is Old World Coins in Mc Henry, Ill. or Niles Coin Shop in Niles, Ill.

Google them for contact info and driving directions.

thanks, I'll check them out.

A coin dealer in our county, Brookfield Coin will not ship to MN due to their invasive laws regarding coins and precious metals. I know at least one dealer that moved to this state, CT due to their more lax treatment of numismatics in terms of taxes.

Not sure what that has to do with anything in terms of stopping at a Brick and Mortar within the state of MN...

Will they charge sales tax on numismatics?

Yes, but what's your point? Many, many states charge sales tax. Has nothing to do with the question asked by the OP.