• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March of Dimes Special Silver Set

27 posts in this topic

Wondering what people thought of this upcoming set issue by the Mint? Are these two proof dimes going to be something special? I don't collect dimes, so I am not really sure what demand will be. My mother had Polio, so I have interest in the set from that stand point, just trying to get an idea of what expected demand might be. 75,000 does not seem like very many sets.

For one thing it is going to dramatically increase the mintage issue of the comm dollar coin.

The dollar comms have been low mintage recently. So by sticking it in with 2 special dimes

they sell more of them. I suspect that any dime collector will want one, so probably will sell out.

I think it will sell out rapidly. They'll be flipped on eBay right away for maximum $$$. Prices will likely come down once the fervor dies down.

I'd like to have one just for the reverse proof.

I already ordered ( & received) the two Dollar coins;

I certainly would like the two Dimes as well. With such

a limited production, it'll be a sell out within an hour.

I hope they place a one set limit per person / credit card

so more collectors can get a chance of getting the set

before the prices go ballistic on eBay.

I don't normally collect Roosevelts, but I have a few &

most notably, the 1996-W that was included in that year's

Mint Set. This opportunity just might be the imputus to go

ahead and start a Proof Dime Set.... I'm thinking the 75-S

No S might be an obstacle ? lol

I hope they place a one set limit per person / credit card

so more collectors can get a chance of getting the set

At the moment the plan is FIVE sets per household. So the whole mintage could potentially sell out with just 15,000 orders

I would like get one. I hope that I will be able to get in o Monday to place the order.

Since the special coins in this set are dimes, the "flipper orders" might be less than you think. It has to do with the "bigger is better thing."

Guess I better make sure I am ready to go right at 12.....My main interest is the dollar, but thought might as well get the proof dime also.

Wondering what people thought of this upcoming set issue by the Mint? Are these two proof dimes going to be something special? I don't collect dimes, so I am not really sure what demand will be. My mother had Polio, so I have interest in the set from that stand point, just trying to get an idea of what expected demand might be. 75,000 does not seem like very many sets.

If your question is from a financial aspect, I don't believe there are anywhere near 75,000 collectors who want it bad enough to maintain a substantial premium to the issue price longer term. Of course, my definition of substantial may differ from others and also excludes 70 grades. I consider the FDR dime to be the least popular of the five primary modern series: Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson nickel, FDR dime, Washington quarter and Kennedy half.

If your question is from a financial aspect, I don't believe there are anywhere near 75,000 collectors who want it bad enough to maintain a substantial premium to the issue price longer term..

No, not from a financial aspect of flipping. If I were to buy the 5 sets, all but one would be given away to family members. What it comes down to for me do I buy 5 of the dollars only and give away to family members, or do I spend another $10 for the dimes and give away to family members. The additional $10 seems to me as a better value given the RP dime than $50 for just the comm. So I guess the marketing ploy is sucking me right in.....lol

Just got my order for 2 sets placed. Easily added to cart, but took 3 tries to get all the way through checkout. :whee:

By 12:45 they were sold out. Back order only.

12:24 was the first report of being sold out/backordered ATS.

I've seen a few people already selling their sets, and a few standing orders for folks buying them with advertised prices per set of: $75, $80, and $100.

Be curious where they peak raw before the graded ones start hitting the market.

BTW Back Orders won't arrive until Aug 2015.

Are they sticking to the 75K.....or will they exceed that number with back orders? How can a person find total number back ordered...

I guess I was lucky. I ordered one set about 12:15. I almost forgot about after having gotten back from the Early Amercian Coppers convention from over the weekend. I had one of the email reminders, and that saved me.

Ordered my three sets on Monday - received the sets on Thursday.

Fastest service I have ever received from the Mint.

Im not sure what to expect anymore from the mint. I ordered 2 sets within 1 hour of the opening and was told i should get them sometime in August! Two weeks later the sets showed up in my mailbox. Either my calendar or the mint's calendar is screwed up

Does anyone know what the population for PF69 and PF70 is for the reverse proof and regular proof is? I have tried to look it up but all i get is no information available.