• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Central States - interesting find

8 posts in this topic

I came up short on a number of coins in auction at Central States. I did find something unusual that I liked, but lost out on. What do you think of it?

7e458697-32b8-499d-8a90-344d4de4de68_zpsm4uz1vtu.jpg

image.jpg2_zpszast91sq.jpg

See the following page in "Unusual World Coins".

https://books.google.com/books?id=NUg1HUZt5OEC&pg=PA698&lpg=PA698&dq=alaska+gold+2+too+wah&source=bl&ots=THdNd8N_kl&sig=uYlUIvZKTf09i3o9b3jD7X2jHCA&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Xds_VfjYGoKtogTCh4CADw&ved=0CEQQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=alaska%20gold%202%20too%20wah&f=false

I take back what I said about my three piece set. It was the 1/4, 1/2 and 1 DWT set shown in the link. I did have a 2 Too Wah also. Sol them all long ago.

There is a 5 Star and a 7 Star Variety. The 7Star variety is rarer.

1862 (1910) Alaska 2 Too Wah token in gold. These curious tokens were supposedly struck for the Alaska-Yukon Exposition of 1909, and the reverse is dated 1910. The design motifs include an eskimo on the obverse and a dog sled on the reverse with two tusks.

Gould-Bressett 108 variant. Nathan Joseph Original.