• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lucky day at the LCS - Cuba 1932 20 Centavos

What's the grade?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What's the grade?

2 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!

As the title of this post suggests, had a great day trolling the foreign silver bin at the LCS. While there were some pretty cool finds, my favorite (and definitely a keeper) is this 1932 20 Centavos:

Cuba%20-%201932%2020%20Centavos_zpsrhagcrha.jpg

Mintage of only 184,000. I'm guessing this would grade somewhere between an XF and AU (I've seen some uglier XF40's in PCGS slabs, but I'm not sure if that's the actual standard or just if PCGS is bad at grading World Coins...lol) In any case, at silver melt, this is going in the keeper pile.

What do you think this would grade? (I'll probably end up sending it in this fall.)

1. PCGS is bad at grading foreign coins.

2. That is VF or lower. It might just barely make VF, but I'd rather call it a high F.

3. While it is a rare date, it really needs to be EF or higher to be worth sending it in. In F-18, it might be worth $50 (definitely great for a silver bin find, not worth sending it in).