• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A few coins that I'm submitting... let's make our best guess

8 posts in this topic

I just wanted to post a few coins that I'm submitting to NGC next week. I've got alot of coins that I'll be sending in, but picked a few out for us to guess at.

1931-S Lincoln Cent

1931-S%2BLincoln.jpg

1925 Stone Mountain 50C

1925%2BStone%2BMountain%2BCommemorative%2B.jpg

1936 Buffalo Nickel

1936%2BBuffalo%2B.jpg

MS 63

AU 55

MS 65

I'd look at the Stone Mountain very carefully before submitting. If it's indeed AU it's value will just barely surpass the cost of grading making it a losing proposition.

MS 63

AU 55

MS 65

I'd look at the Stone Mountain very carefully before submitting. If it's indeed AU it's value will just barely surpass the cost of grading making it a losing proposition.

I wouldn't normally submit it for the reason you just mentioned, but it's a coin passed onto my Wife from her Grandmother. In fact, it's just been sitting on a crown royal bag with a bunch of other coins for the last 40 or so years! Since I have no money invested in acquiring the coin, I wanted see just how closely NGC and myself saw the coin. I can see that it might come back AU55 but in hand I've graded it AU58. It's a stunning coin in person with slight rainbow toning that doesn't distract from the coin and a beautiful luster that doesn't show in the photograph very well. It's actually one of my favorite coins.

Under normal circumstances though, I wouldn't submit it. The cost to grade would definitely outweigh the value of the coin.

Thanks for looking out though... it's much appreciated!

AU 58

XF 45

MS 65

I really do not see any way they can go AU on that Stone Mtn. but who knows. XF or AU really won't make much of a difference since you are having it holdered for preservation rather than to sell, which would be a losing proposition on that one.

Well, If I was buying them and asked for opinions I guess no one would know what to pay. It kind of reminds me of the grades they are giving out now lately.

My guess would be MS 62

AU 53

MS 62