• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lincoln Cents

7 posts in this topic

Is there any place that sells updates to Lincoln sets? I quit updating my Lincoln album probably in the mid 90's and would just like to get all of them updated at the same time bulk style... Nothing special just your generic BU's.

Thanks for any help.

Believe or not it's sometimes hard to find coins like this because they are so cheap. Most of what you pay is a service charge for stocking, sorting and packaging. The numismatic value is very low.

You might try to Google it to find a dealer, or if you have a B&M store that caters to small collectors you might find something.

Another alternative is to get cent rolls from the bank and go through them. A geat many cents never circulate and sometimes people just roll them up and bring them into the bank when they accumulate several hundred of them.

As Bill suggested, do some roll searching while you're soul searching....good therapy and much cheaper.

As Bill suggested, do some roll searching while you're soul searching....good therapy and much cheaper.
Searching the Soul... you must be reading my mind, I really need that! :) I have a bucket of coins, I figure if they're 5 years old and haven't turned they're probably good. I'll do that. But if anyone knows of anyone who does update sets, let me know.

Yeah Sam this is totally a thing for Ebay..... As someone mentioned, it can be hard to find coins like this because no dealers want to "Deal with it" being that they are so inexpensive. What I see often is dealers who specialize in something other than wheat cents has a bunch of 6RED or 67RED cents come in, they pay very little for them and dump them on ebay just to get them out of there... I bet if you spent a few minutes looking each day on Ebay that you could find some upgrades that fall through the cracks and sell for cheap... Im talkin auctions and not so much buy it now's...

Good luck.