• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March of Dimes

5 posts in this topic

Get ready for the craziness.

I just read that the March of Dimes set is going to be a mintage of 75,000. I hope that the mint's website can handle the volume.

I'm also curious as to why you can't open the box, if you want the special labels. The dimes do not exist outside of this set, so the can't be switched in and out, like the Silver Eagles (Made in SF). I would like to be able to open the box and make sure the mint sent me what I ordered..... Thoughts?

Marcus

See more journals by Texan's Coins

Well, there are two thoughts. First, I hate not being able to see what I bought, and 2nd I hate the fact there are so many crooks out there that we have to have these 'don't open' rules. But I can see why.

A while back I wanted a full set of Impressions of Liberty in one slab (holder) but with all the coins already brokenout, NGC would not single holder them because they figured they were bought separately and conjoined by me.

Hoot and holler!

Capt. Brian

Seems if you opened the box and checked your coins out prior to sending them in --- ONLY 1/2 (or less) would be worthy. That would cut into available marketing strategies. :)

I'm also curious as to why you can't open the box, if you want the special labels. The dimes do not exist outside of this set, so the can't be switched in and out, like the Silver Eagles (Made in SF).

Because the dollar could be switched out.

In 2006 when the Silver Eagle 3 pc set came out, I called the mint. They told me that all of the coins that were in the set were the first produced. They specifically put them aside. They however did tell me that they do not adhere to a first in first out policy. The first out can be made many weeks later than the ones that come out later. The sealed box thing is just a marketing ploy by the grading services.