• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

German States NEWPS

1 post in this topic

I picked up a couple of more to go with my German States collection in todays Heritage sale. I know they are just minor coins ,but what I love about them is it's one of the last places almost everyone can collect really low mintage classics. Mintages were not kept on these but the consensus seems to be that the really popular countries, like Prussia, might have mintages in the rage of 50-100 for the most common proofs. While places like Saxe Coburg Gotha might be in the range of 15-25. And while the prices have been rising over the 10 years I have been collecting them they are still affordable for most people. They used to be $50-100 each, those days are long gone, but they still aren't really expensive yet.

1856 Prussia Pfenning in NGC PF66 BN, the 1850's are very tough dates for proofs.

1856%20PRUSSIA%201P%20PF66BN%20BOTH_zpsqbj6afen.jpg

1868 Saxe Coburg Gotha Pfennig in NGC PR65 RB, all of the Saxe-whatever proofs are tough.

1868%20SAXE%20COBURG%20GOTHA%201P%20PR65RB%20BOTH_zpszaksbtcz.jpg

1871 Prussia 1 Silber Groschen in PCGS PF65 Cam

1871%20PRUSSIA%20GROSCHEN%20PF65%20CAM%20BOTH_zpsagyomxot.jpg

The German States