• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New 1912 Russian Rouble for me

8 posts in this topic

I haven't had time in almost a year to purchase a Russian coin for my collection but happened to

stumble upon this one and had to get it. While being a weak strike I still fell for it as it can be very pricey to find

nice toned Russian coins.

All comments welcome.

1912%20Russia%20Rouble%20PCGS%20AU58%20_zps7nyoejg5.jpg

IMG_5854_zpslcwsgqkt.jpg

IMG_5858_zpscdyzr0fg.jpg

Really nice piece. I'm not a toner junkie, but it looks great on this coin, and a design that intricate is enjoyable to look at even if it didn't fully strike up.

I don't remember the series you collect from Imperial Russia. What others do you collect?

In the past, I considered buying high grade proof minors, maybe from the 1880's and later, I haven't paid much attention to them in the last few years and never had coin money for it when they were available. I also recall that they have become a lot more expensive than they used to be, from about 2005. I still think these coins have one of the best designs.

I don't remember the series you collect from Imperial Russia. What others do you collect?

In the past, I considered buying high grade proof minors, maybe from the 1880's and later, I haven't paid much attention to them in the last few years and never had coin money for it when they were available. I also recall that they have become a lot more expensive than they used to be, from about 2005. I still think these coins have one of the best designs.

I'm Russian and Hungarian so I have accumulated a few nice specimens

over the years.

I think I have a link to the ones here at NGC and will look for a link over at PCGS