• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lot of TEN SETS of the Westward nickel & medal issue

9 posts in this topic

EZ , I know you're ticked off about the Peace Medal, but are you sure you want to sell them as one lot? Coin Depot is advertising them in the 2/14 issue of Coin World for $95 a set.

Chris

EZ , I know you're ticked off about the Peace Medal, but are you sure you want to sell them as one lot? Coin Depot is advertising them in the 2/14 issue of Coin World for $95 a set.

Chris

I'm sure that I would have maximized my profit by selling them one at a time but ebay is not my day job. smile.gif

I'm disappointed with the sets but have not personalized it to the extent that it would tick me off.

Yep, I saw that $95 price tag, too. Whew! Pretty steep.

Victor - I can see that these are going right at the price I sold mine for - around 50 bucks a set - that I sold one at a time. (I got slightly more on the bid, but once raped by eBay and PP, it came to around 50 a set.) I thought these were cheesy as all get-out, so I didn't buy any from the Mint. I found a dealer with a couple for $24.95, and knowing what they were going for, I bought them for the flip. grin.gif

Hoot

I'm satisfied with the sale, Hoot. I think that the idea of the set was an excellent one by the Mint. Unfortunately, they didn't tranlate that quality with the production of the peace medals. If the medal was high relief with better details then I could see the sets at $200 each with a market peak. As it is, however, I think that the sets should be a solid $25 since they do include the proof Sac and nickels.

Thanks for your input, Michael. You are nearly always a true gentleman and a numismatic scholar.