• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

another important star designation question

2 posts in this topic

i love the star designations and it is really gaining lots of respect and awe and for me rightly so!

but i guess it will alwyas be misunderstood being the most subjective of any service be it hgrade or designation

but nonethe less still being talked about on other boards and i see really respected as such!

i love the star!!!!!!!!!!

well here is my question

since all the graders have to agree that a coin is a star and if one says no then it does not get it my question is does the finalizer also have to agree?

so if all the graders agrree it is a star and the finalizer does not agree then does it still get the star?

sincerely michael

and yues i am sure there are some who are disappojinted that their coins do not get the star even though they might be exceptinoal in eye appeal also but being subjective and extremely careful i can understand ngc being really strick

even if a judgment cLL AS if you hAVE EVERY other coin a star then it loses its appeal

and for me out in the marketplace i have found that wahy mANY Call MONSTER EXCEPTIONAL USUALLY MOST often is actually average at best

sincerely michael

Michael,

Not every grader grades every coin so it is possible that a grader that did not view a particular coin would not give that coin a star. Also, to answer your question, the finalizer must be in agreement or it will not get the star. If any grader presents a strong case for why it should not get the star, then it will not get the star.

John